Areas of expertise
- Online higher education
- Online learning
- Instructional design
- Academic administration
- Organizational behavior
- Trends in higher education
Top posts contributed to Post University's blog:
Top media coverage featuring Frank Mulgrew:
- FoxBusiness.com (Jan. 4, 2013): "Do you have what it takes to be an online student?"
- Campus Technology (Oct. 4, 2012): "In online learning, vive l'evolution"
- The New England Journal of Higher Education (Sept. 10, 2012): "Breaking ground in higher ed: A look at new models"
- Campus Technology (Jun. 12, 2012): "5 tips for hiring a college A/V specialist"
- Inside Higher Ed (Mar. 24, 2011): "Comparing online programs"
Mr. Mulgrew is an engaging, articulate, and informative speaker on the topic of online education. He has more than 12 years of experience in higher education as a leader in the management, design, and implementation of online degree programs; academic administration; admissions; and instructional design.
Since joining Post University in 2004, he has grown the online program from fewer than 100 students to more than 15,000 students. He also was instrumental in gaining approval for a new Online MBA Degree program, which was the first completely online MBA degree program offered in Connecticut, and among the recipients of a Connecticut Quality Improvement Award Silver Innovation Prize. Through the Online Education Institute, Mr. Mulgrew and his team provide support to other universities looking to offer their campus-based programs to a growing population of online adult learners.
Mr. Mulgrew has held management and leadership positions at Drexel University in Philadelphia in both traditional campus-based and online programs, and has spoken at national conferences on the future of higher education, and online learning and design. He also has taught at Immaculata University, Drexel University, and Post University in subjects as diverse as political philosophy, logic, organizational behavior, creativity, and innovation.
He is a graduate of both Indiana University of Pennsylvania and the University of Glasgow in Scotland.
To schedule an interview, please contact Kelly Statmore at Post University, 203-910-7258,