9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 16 previous comments
- I think there's a difference between suggesting the UI is not up to par and trashing the platform as a whole, which is the impression I got.Jun 8, 2012
- ah ok, if you check out the development that's been going on with Chameleon, that video was the prototype used to show off the idea to Texas Instruments, it wasn't the actual app. The reason they needed the Kickstarter funding was to take this conceptual design and turn it into a real functioning app. I think that may be where the confusion is coming from :)Jun 8, 2012
- I hope that's the case! I like the idea of a more flexible launcher, I'm just skeptical - but I hope it works out!Jun 8, 2012
- ok got deeper into the video, the widgets are HTML5, but it's never said that the app itself is... makes some sense as far as making widget development easy for 3rd party developers.
I'm curious if it's REALLY HTML5 though, or if it's just XML made to look like HTML5 cause the guy with AndroidCentral is the one that threw out the HTML5 term and the Tek guy just sort of went with it, and XML is the main form control being used through Android.
I just went ahead and asked on the Kickstarter page, lets see if there's an official response regarding it :)Jun 8, 2012
- thanks for doing the legwork on that - much better than my complaint posting!Jun 8, 2012
- No word back yet. If I don't get a response before they relaunch their drive I'll repost on the new drive. They may have just stopped watching comments (even though the last official comment response was only 3hrs before my post)Jun 9, 2012