In this day and age of moving towards a paperless society and using a phone or other mobile smart devices and apps to record our thoughts and shopping lists, be it Evernote or Onenote or something else, I find having a simple notepad or notebook is still essential especially in my work where phone use is generally frowned upon and even if it isn't, sometimes it is just faster and easier to get the notebook out and scrawl down details quickly using a pen. Any notepad can do but one thing I did was adapt an old mini sized black Filofax binder of the "Identity" model. This is no longer available in this size but you can get one in the 95mm x 171mm "Personal" size or 81mm x 120mm "Pocket" sizes but this is an expensive route to go for a notepad as the plain and lined note paper refills can be more expensive and have less pages than just getting a purpose made notebook from the super market. However I find that the flexibility and resilience of this binder makes it more valuable than most notepads.
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Ted SalmonOwnerAgreed 😊47w
- Definitely times when paper is needed. I use a Note phone & S Note is invaluable for scribbling a memo then setting a reminder for the appropriate time. As you say sometimes phone usage is frowned upon - it's not unusual for me to arrive home with 4 or 5 Post-It notes stuck to the back of my phone 😄47w
- Danny HuiModeratorAll hail the post it note! ;)47w
- I still use a filofax mini. Remember those? Very 80s I know but still useful.47w
- I so much want to go paperless, but however hard I try I always come back to a day book for work. I have moved 100% to Microsoft OneNote and do find it invaluable for capturing information... I would like to embrace the Surface with pen as I feel this is one viable option?46w
- Sometimes analogue just works. I've tried note taking on tablets and it just doesn't work for me. The transcribing later is better. Maybe it's just the way I take notes. Even before I had a computer I'd redo my notes after taking them. It helps me remember.46w
Add a comment...