Some of the best summer celebrations involve barbecues or cookouts. Click below for a few safety tips for your next get together.
1. Whether you use a charcoal or gas barbecue always make sure to follow proper safety precautions when lighting, cooking, and storing the barbecue. Follow factory guidelines when using lighter fluid or propane tanks, clean your grill regularly to prevent grease fires, and store your grill away from anything that is flammable or hazardous.
2. You should know the proper cooking temperatures and preparation for the food you are serving at your get together (especially meat). The last thing you want to do is make your friends or family sick.
3. Make sure to have plenty of drinking water on hand so your guests can stay well hydrated.
4. Provide shade or a covered area where your guests can get out of the sun and cool off.
5. If you will be serving alcoholic beverages at your get together, please enjoy responsibly and make sure your guests do so as well.
6. If you will be lighting off #fireworks at your get together make sure you use extreme caution when handling, lighting, and disposing of the fireworks. Keep water or a fire extinguisher nearby, never point the fireworks toward anyone else, and always stand a safe distance from the devices. Make sure you know local laws and regulations regarding pyrotechnics and fireworks.