Earth638 (comic shop over in Kelana mall) is having classes: comic drawing classes for beginners beginning April 2012..The class will be led by Muhamad Azhar Abdullah, the artist for Pendekar Melayu Terakhir, the winner of multiply Anugerah Pekomik in 2009..
Here is the outline of how the class will be held,
Earth 638 How to Draw Comic Class
Beginner class Outline
Contact Hours: 1 hour
Total Learning Hours: 14 hours. One Hour per week.
Status: Beginner Level
Class Tutor: Muhamad Azhar Abdullah
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of human body and its structure by drawing the basic anatomy.
2. Draw human figure correctly by understanding of relationships of normal proportional human body parts in simple stylize comic drawing.
3. Express gesture, movement and fun of comic drawing.
4. Simplify, exaggerate or distort the proportions of the figure to translate the dramatic and emotional qualities for comic.
Learning process includes:
1. Week 01: Intro to Basic Figure Drawing. Figure scale & Proportion.
2. Week 02: Drawing A Human Head.
3. Week 03: Torso and arm
4. Week 04: Leg
5. Week 05: Body gesture.
6. Week 06: Action Pose.
7. Week 07: Character Design 01: Design A Hero
8. Week 08: Character Design 01: Design A Villian
9. Week 09: Dynamic Pose: Foreshortening
10. Week 10: Create A Comic 01: Script ( Story) & Thumbnail Sketch
11. Week 11: Create A Comic 02: Panel Layout & camera angle
12. Week 12: Create A Comic 03: Pencilling
13. Week 13: Create A Comic 04: Inking and Lettering
14. Week 14: Create A Comic 05: Cover
LEARNING & TEACHING METHODS
1. Demonstration and Discussion.
2. Studio-Based work.
3. Fun Free style draw session.
A4 Sketchbook/paper, pencils: HB, 2B,
The class will be targeted to kids from the age of 9 to 14..kids older then that & adults are most welcome..Price will be RM 100 per person per month..feel free to contact the shop at 03-78048380 for any questions..