Anyone have a collection of those starters that use the Discern Realities questions as the basis? I've seen a few pass by here and never saved them.
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Oct 29, 2017
- Oct 29, 2017
- This is what I can come up with:
Dirk Detweiler Leichty's original Discern Realities-based starter: drive.google.com - Discern Realities.pdf
Brian Holland's DR-based starter, inspired by Fiasco: https://plus.google.com/101824580455031797035/posts/aUd2zwhD8AF
Jeremy Strandberg's "Sailing the Sapphire Isles" DR-based starter: https://plus.google.com/+JeremyStrandberg/posts/Tseo6invVGk
Brian Holland's "Curse of Strahd" DR-base starter: https://plus.google.com/101824580455031797035/posts/1EveZgWkmHd
D. Kenny's "The Curse of Drazhu" DR-based starter: https://plus.google.com/102891003367180096732/posts/H5VEh8tdMkAOct 30, 2017
- Oct 30, 2017
- You guys are my heroesOct 30, 2017
- Oct 31, 2017
- Jason Bu+1I recently used combined version of Dirk's & Brian's that uses 7d12 and... gotta say, I got some very interesting results. Here it goes.
- What happened here recently?: A devastating plague
- What is about to happen?: The complete destruction of a large city
- What should I be on the look out for?: Roving bands of scavengers
- What here is useful or valuable to me?: A holy relic in a faraway tomb
- Who's really in control here?: A cabal of powerful wizards
- What here is not what it appears to be?: The old lady who sells pies
After creating characters and establishing their backgrounds, it became apparent that we got ourselves a very Bloodborne-esque world, a city ridden by plagues.
One of the players whose character is a plague doctor/drug maker who wants to see shits burn (an evil Thief) fleshed out the details of the plague on my behest. He said that plague slowly turns people's skin pitch black, ultimately killing them and only way to be cured is biting other uninfected person which still only guarantees 1/3 chance. And as you might have guessed, the bitten also gets infected. So I got the idea of an infected-dead-turned-beast and added it in secretly.
And BAM, suddenly some Bloodborne shit. A city where a man bites another in a broad daylight and both runs away. A city where vigilante militia burns the infected on pyres.
I also made some custom moves for the plague so if anyone's interested, I can post it right away.Nov 1, 2017
- sorry I missed yours! You didn't mention the words "Discern Realities" in your post, so my search missed it :)Nov 1, 2017
- no worries. I wrote that post in a bit of a rush I think. I was actually thinking of making a collection on my own profile for post with adventure starters.Nov 1, 2017
Add a comment...