Seems DeskSMS is getting DDoS'd. Here's a 7 minute window on requests.
34 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 18 previous comments
- Most DDOS attacks are fast right? Can't you rate limit? Would any texter need more than 25 connections per sec or something like that?
Problem with banning IPs is you might block legitimate users whose IPs are being stolen as part of the attack. Or after the attacks are over or unsuccessful, those addresses may get freed up.
I would rate limit or max tries or max connections per IP.Apr 2, 2013
- Is this on App Engine? They have a bug that shows 1000 for all the requests in their blacklist page. Few of my apps show the same all the time.
Edit: Sorry for being trigger happy. Looks like you are over quota. So, can't be a bug.Apr 3, 2013
Don't trust what you see in the blacklist page.Apr 3, 2013
- That might work for DoS, but DDoS would send a few connections per second from thousands of hosts. They are very hard to stop.
perhaps is an option?Apr 3, 2013
- Yeah, I'm not familiar with App Engine, but all you need is a domain name to point at the AE service. I would imagine that's possible?Apr 3, 2013
- anyway to have DeskSMS merge gtalk contacts with the existing contacts?Apr 21, 2013