The Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee
is a diverse group of public interest, non profit and industry groups working to educate the Congress and the public about important Internet-related policy issues.
This site contains information about the programs and activities of the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee (ICAC). The Advisory Committee shares the goals of the Congressional Internet Caucus -- a bi-partisan group of over 170 members of the House and Senate working to educate their colleagues about the promise and potential of the Internet. These goals include:
- Promoting the growth and advancement of the Internet
- Providing a bicameral, bipartisan forum for Internet concerns to be raised
- Promoting the education of Members of Congress and their staff on Internet-related issues
- Promoting commerce and the free flow of information on the Internet
- Advancing the United States' leadership in the digital world
- Maximizing the openness of and participation in government by the people.
The Congressional Internet Caucus is a Congressional Member Organization (CMO) -- separate and distinct from the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee, which is a private-sector organization.
The Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee provides a wide variety of timely, dynamic and informative briefings and programs for members of Congress, the technology policy community and industry leaders.
These events include:
- State of the Net: State of the Net attracts over 600 attendees annually and provides unparalleled opportunities to network and engage on key policy issues. State of the Net is the largest Internet policy conference in the U.S. and the only one with over 50 percent Congressional staff and government policymakers in attendance. State of the Net is the only tech policy conference routinely recognized for its balanced blend of academics, consumer groups, industry and government stakeholders.
- Advisory Committee Briefing Series: A monthly program of balanced and dynamic discussion panels held on Capitol Hill to educate and inform Congressional Members, staff, technology policy stakeholders and the general public on timely Internet-related topics.
- State of the Net West: the premier West Coast series held in Silicon Valley for Washington policymakers to openly engage the Silicon Valley technology community on technology policy. State of the Net West brings together academic scholars, public interest advocates, and industry leaders on pressing legislative, regulatory and legal technology issues.
- State of the Mobile Net: State of the Mobile Net features leading members of the technology policy community and industry leaders for timely and dynamic discussions about how the vast ecosystem of technologies, content and applications continue to come together to make the Internet more mobile, and the unique challenges that face this exciting phenomenon.
- The Advisory Committee Speakers Series: The Speakers Series is the premier forum on Capitol Hill for CEOs and Internet leaders to communicate directly to policymakers about the "Opportunities Facing the Internet." Pioneers on the forefront of this emerging medium have availed themselves of this informal forum that allows for more dynamic interaction with decisionmakers in Congress. Members of the Congressional Internet Caucus, other Members of Congress and staff, and policy stakeholders have benefited greatly from hearing these perspectives on crucial Internet issues.
The diversity of CICAC membership ensures that all educational events and initiatives are fair and balanced forums for Internet-related discussion. The CICAC does not
promote any particular policy position.
- Videos of events are available on the ICAC YouTube channel.
- Podcast audio (.MP3) is available on iTunes and on our RSS Feed