- MerciecaLead Digital Strategist, 2012 - presentWe create ideas to help brands stand out. To help them compete in markets that get tougher every day. To engage with people in an ever-changing media world. We don’t like jargon at Mercieca. Just great commercial ideas. Brilliantly executed to get results. Whether we’re raising awareness through advertising or PR, winning new friends online, or persuading a customer to open their purse in-store, we never forget that our clients may actually want to sell something. As the Strategic Lead on all things Digital at Mercieca, I oversee platform and application analysis that ensure chosen communication channels meet specific campaign and challenge needs, lead Digital Comms planning and strategy that predict and incorporate market trend indicators and their influence on brand roadmaps, goals and KPI's, new business development, and introduced a series of internal digital education keynotes.
- Broken GuruConsultant, 2013Digital Strategist. Lumberjack. Earth Dweller.
- Quick ThinkingConsultantDigital Strategist at Quick Thinking. Clients don't want 'different' kinds of B2B agencies. They want 'better' B2B agencies. At Quick Thinking we try to be better and better every day. We recognise that anyone can do print and DM and web stuff. What clients want these days is to have sensible, grown up discussions about the relevance of social media for B2B. They want to talk about integrating online with offline. And they want agencies who recognise the challenge of diminished budgets. That's what QT does. With a bit of style. A touch of panache. And a lot of fun.
- ContrabrandDirectorA smashing little agency that does really clever Branding, Identity and Social Media Strategies for nice people who want stuff that works. The brainchild of creativity evangelists Jacob Beckett and James King - Contrabrand isn't just a smashing brand design agency headed by two dashingly handsome thought pioneers - it's a state of mind. With an emphasis on absolute quality, an understanding that long term goals are as crucial as short term deadlines, and a proven flare for creative Social Media campaigns and brand strategies, Contrabrand always deliver on one simple promise - We Will Make Your Brand Sing. Why not visit us at www.contra-brand.co.uk. If you like what you see there then drop us a note (email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org) or alternatively, why not get all Social Media-ry and send us a message here, on Linkedin. Specialties Social Media Strategy, Corporate Identity, Brand Strategies, Marketing Attribution, User Footprint Mapping
- MovemberHead of Social, 2010 - 2011Since its humble beginnings in Melbourne, Australia Movember has grown to become a truly global movement inspiring more than 1.9 Million Mo Bros and Mo Sistas to participate with formal campaigns in Australia, New Zealand, the US, Canada, the UK, South Africa, Ireland, Finland, the Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Belgium and the Czech Republic. In addition, Movember is aware of Mo Bros and Mo Sistas supporting the campaign and men’s health causes across the globe, from Russia to Dubai, Hong Kong to Antarctica, Rio de Janeiro to Mumbai, and everywhere in between. No matter the country or city, Movember will continue to work to change established habits and attitudes men have about their health, to educate men about the health risks they face, and to act on that knowledge, thereby increasing the chances of early detection, diagnosis and effective treatment. In 2011, over 854,000 Mo Bros and Mo Sistas around the world got on board, raising GBP 79.3 million. Big steps have been taken towards changing attitudes and habits relating to men’s health around the world but there is still much to be done to catch up with the women’s health movement. Via the moustache, Movember aims to fulfil its vision of having an everlasting impact on the face of men’s health, by continuing to spark conversation and spread awareness of men’s health each year. As Head of Social UK/Europe, I oversaw the first truly "end-to-end, socially designed charity movement". Generating over 1 billion conversations in 2011, it was kind of a big deal...
- Newcastle UniversityPhilosophy
Goodbye Gear: Nissan launching gorgeous smartwatch with driving, car, an...
This week at the Frankfurt Motor Show in Germany, Nissan will be unveiling the first smartwatch ever created by a car manufacturer. Nissan'
How To Get Over 50,000 Visits to Your Blog in the First Month — Think Tr...
Note from Caleb: A few weeks back I got an email from a reader of Think Traffic that said, “I launched a new blog one month ago, started out
Why Deep Cultural Understanding Will Inspire Better Design [PSFK NYC] - ...
Author Bruce Nussbaum presents his book which looks at the ways in which we employ and harness the process of making.
Visual.ly | Infographics & Visualizations. Create, Share, Explore
visual.ly - Create, Share, Explore Great Visualizations.
Social Media News and Web Tips – Mashable – The Social Media Guide
Social Media news blog covering cool new websites and social networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter, MySpace and YouTube. The latest web techno
YouTube - Tinie Tempah - Wonderman ft. Ellie Goulding (Jacob Plant Remix)
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, which You
: Video: Getting the Attention of Influencers and Bloggers
Having been somebody on both sides of the startup and blogger equation, I know how hard it is for new companies, products and ideas to get v
Facebook Comments Box Plugin Comes to Mobile Sites
Facebook has launched a Comments Box for mobile, making it easier for users to interact on the site when browsing on their mobile device.
Broken Guru - If Content is King, then where are the King-Makers? |
If Content is King, then where are the King-Makers? Cash is king. Never has that statement rung truer than today, as entire countries totter
Virtual shopping with Bodymetrics will show how outfits fit on your body
Bodymetrics used the technology in Microsoft's Kinect motion-sensing system for the Xbox 360 for a virtual shopping application. If it wo
a little bit of something - not shit web design. in cornwall
a little bit of something is a web design agency in Cornwall that designs good websites.
Persona Mail Client Makes Email Look Like A Social Network | Cult of Mac
Persona Mail Client Makes Email Look Like A Social Network. Share. Tweet. By Giles Turnbull (4:28 am, Jul. 13, 2011). I dunno. You want year
Find new trends in social media marketing for small businesses : Busin...
Reynolds Center helps journalists Cover Business Better Free training, workshops, Webinars Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business J
Follow tweets about recorded TV shows as if you were watching live, with...
Twitter has transformed the way many of us enjoy big TV shows. The 'We're all watching this together' feeling of reading the tweets as they