Another update on my positive experiences with Google Play Music.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.music&hl=en
I'm trying to clean up my music library that I've been hording for years, borrowing CD binders from friends, ripping MP3's and even what music I want to keep on account in the Cloud.
So, here is the feature I'm really liking today:
1) Create a Playlist of albums I need to go through and remove unwanted songs from the cloud
2) Choose to keep that playlist "On Device" on my phone
As I add songs in the Google Play Music web interface to my playlist, they automatically get synced to my device, allowing me to cycle through these few albums at a time very quickly, without using any of my network data.
And then each Song gets one of the following done to them:
1) Remove song from the playlist to stay in the cloud to be heard again on a "Shuffle All"
2) "Thumbs Up" to add it to my overall favorites, and remove from playlist so it stays in the cloud
3) "Thumbs Down" if it needs to be cropped or re-encoded and re-uploaded to the cloud
4) "Delete" song that I never want to hear again with my Google Play account
It works so well, especially since I have a bunch of Android devices, and my desktop that I use to access and play my music.