As commissioned by a certain freelance artist named ; real name withheld until the T-shirt campaign kicks in. Equipped with snorkels, water cap, and rubber raft--all while the sun shines behind him. (And just as I visualised it all along.) Helps that our subject, boy raccoon wonder Samson Dixwell, takes a cruise to Carriacou in the first installment of my forthcoming Unspooled series.
Any day before July's over, you'll see our collaboration on Teepublic. The sooner I receive my first royalties at this vendor, the sooner I'll pay him the T-shirt's selling price ($20) as the reproduction rights fee. Not to mention I'll credit both of us as co-creators--me for the character design and concept, and him for the portrait you're now gazing at.
For now, have a safe and enjoyable summer--and don't get into trouble on the beach! And as always, wish me luck on that book, that T-shirt, and that PC recovery plan.
• Sam's species, Procyon lotor minor, is native to Guadeloupe (north of Dominica, his homeland as well as mine).
• Raccoons don't really need sunscreen; their fur already takes care of things. ( points that out in their coverage of Timothy Goes to School; "Taking the Plunge" is the fanservice episode in question.)
• This would've been titled "Summer of Sam" otherwise, but a 1999 film bearing this name deals with some decidedly family-unfriendly subject matter, and I don't want any potential customers to pick up on that reference. (For the rest of you readers, and have you covered.)
Also coming soon to , , , FurAffinity, and Inkbunny.
For previous portraits of the boy raccoon wonder, please see:
• https://plus.google.com/103283675665371670119/posts/5gE7AhZpX9b ( /NanoButt, June 2015)
• https://plus.google.com/103283675665371670119/posts/ATXnKRecn96 ( , July 3)
• https://plus.google.com/103283675665371670119/posts/SYiuRgnumt4 ( , July 17)
For the original pitch at Furry+ (where I am a moderator), please see https://plus.google.com/103283675665371670119/posts/cUedityW8Qj.
(Officially sanctioned commission, first seen in a Hangouts thread at 4:02 a.m. yesterday.)
Dedicating this piece to those in my homeland affected by Tropical Storm Erika, as well as the families/friends/victims of the July 15 attack in Nice, France.
(Original content in the Unspooled project—including the characters, various drafts/working notes, and this piece of fan art—is available in the public domain worldwide under CC0 [ ] and Kopimi [Piratbyrån].)
(For [who assisted me in the ethics of such a deal], [whom I must thank for recommending Teepublic in the first place], and [who gave me the Teefury suggestion as well]. Also saying hi to the regulars: , , , , , , , , [a.k.a. Katherine Cook, a.k.a. Darou Dogaroo], , [a.k.a. Lonnie Evans], , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and . To each and every one of you: Pleasant evening's greetings!)
(Sent via my Galaxy Tab 3; composed on Chrome)