Mine: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Ten random things about me:
- At the age of 6 or 7 (?) I proposed and debuted the role of Toto in a summer camp production of the Wizard of Oz.
- I have a naturally deep, scratchy voice, which prompted double- takes and comments from strangers when I was young: “Where did you get that voice?” (Occasionally, I told them I stole it).
- On a family trip to Senegal when I was 10, I was chased by a baboon wielding a dead parrot. My father had to scare him away.
- I pursued majors in bio and French in college and one of my professors tried to convince me to pursue a PhD in French lit. I can no longer read the papers I wrote back then.
- In 1997, shook hands with Nelson Mandela and attended a private speech he gave to the Independent World Commission on the Oceans in Capetown, South Africa.
- While recovering from a break-up in grad school, I learned to knit, spent a month brooding and completed a sweater. In the process, I developed a wool allergy and have never been able to wear it.
- Before my first pregnancy, I couldn’t stomach the smell or taste of tomatoes or olives. Now I love both.
- I was a certified aerobics instructor and taught kickboxing for U.S. Senate staffers until the tendons in my ankle said “stop!”
- Every car I’ve owned has had a manual transmission. My Dad taught me the basics of driving a stick during a test drive for my first car.
- Writing this list made me realize how many odd random things I could tell you - so I'm stopping now.
- University of Rhode IslandM.S. Oceanography, 1993 - 1997
- University at Buffalo, The State University of New YorkB.S Biology, Minor: French, 1987 - 1991
- Bronx High School of Science1984 - 1987
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, ...
Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel &
History Undressed: Video of the Week! Horrible Histories -- The Tudors Song
1 comments: Sharon Buchbinder said... OMG! Thanks! I needed that...well plus your brownies this morning. Muahahaha! Sharon. December 11, 201
Tuesday Tips: Pix, Tricks & Writers Fighting Dirty
Monday Mentions is the mash-up-day of all the neato-torpedo links and blogs and writer-icity crappiocca. But I collected so much great stuff
Global Warming's Terrifying New Math | Politics News | Rolling Stone
Three simple numbers that add up to global catastrophe - and that make clear who the real enemy is
AAR & Publishers & Bookstores: Facilitators need to adapt, not ...
The AAR recently sent a letter to the DOJ unanimously supporting the Agency model. I find it odd that the AAR has yet to send a collective
Bite-Sized Fitness: A Simple Way to Start Exercising | Three New Leaves
Start big. Walk into a gym. Throw down your plastic, scribble your name on the sheet, and make a commitment—to yourself, and to the smiling,
Report: 90% Of Waking Hours Spent Staring At Glowing Rectangles
PALO ALTO, CA—The report found that at work, special information rectangles aid in completing business-related tasks, while entertainment re
The Doctor Is In: A Brief History of Doctor Who, Pt 1 « Amanda Rudd's Blog
The Doctor Is In: A Brief History of Doctor Who, Pt 1. 20 July 2011 by Amanda Rudd. As many probably know by now, I am obsessed with the BBC