Profile cover photo
Profile photo
RPAS Training and Solutions

Post is pinned.Post has attachment
As at 30 December 2014 it is illegal to fly ANY Drone for commercial gain in Australia WITHOUT certification.

Is your Drone / RPA (eg. DJI Phantom) below 2kg?
* It is CURRENTLY illegal to fly your Phantom for commercial gain.
* WHEN (it has been promised for years now but STILL not available) the new laws come into effect there will be STRICT conditions under which you may potentially fly it legally for commercial gain.
*What are the proposed new conditions? Basically the same as the current laws!! Below is a list of the current and future restrictions.
You may NOT fly closer than 30m to vehicles, boats, buildings that are not on YOUR private property or you must have explicit permission from the private property owner.
You are NOT allowed to fly over any populated areas such as beaches, other people’s backyards, heavily populated parks or sports ovals where there is a game on.
You may NOT operate within a RADIUS of 5.5km of any aerodrome, airfield, airport, seaplanes taking off or landing, helicopter landing sites which may be located at hospitals, police stations or other locations that you may not be aware of. It is YOUR responsibility to find out where they are and ignorance is no defense in the court of law. (Have a look at our app RPAS LOGGER which shows you almost all these locations around Australia)
You may ONLY operate during DAYLIGHT – NO night flying! Only in good weather and you MUST be in visual-line-of-site of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft – RPA.
You may NOT fly above 400ft (123m)
You may NOT fly FPV !!
What does this translate to? Real Estate photographers will usually NOT be able to conform with ALL these conditions and will therefor REQUIRE a UAV Operator Certificate (UOC) which is the CASA certificate to operate legally.

You can find out more information on our website. 
#drone   #dronesafety   #uav   #rpas   #australia  

Post has attachment
Welcome to the Future !
RPAS Training and Solutions provides CASA certified Remote Pilot Certificate courses in Australia and soon in South Africa and the USA.
#drone   #suas   #uas   #uav   #rpas  

Post has attachment

Post has attachment
This is the view from our new office at Jandakot Airport in Perth. 

We conduct our theory training for the Remote Pilot Certificate and UOC manuals here.

Our CASA Certified Basic RPAS Training courses will provide you with a RPC within only 5 days full time. We also offer part time courses with only 2 day practical assessments. 

Our next 5-day Perth RPC courses are scheduled for 9 February, 23 March, 27 April & 25 May. Other dates are also available on request.

#rpastraining   #drones   #perth   #remotepilot  

Post has attachment
We create a new page for our drone logbook "RPAS Logger". 

Please follow the page if you want to stay up to date on RPAS Logger information as we will be posting RPAS Logger detail more frequently there.

#drone   #uav   #rpas   #quadcopter  

Post has attachment
An UAV Controller Certificate or a Remote Pilot Certificate is required in order to pilot / control an Unmanned Aircraft according to the UAS Operations Manual.

This video explains the path for the UAV CC
The UAV Controller Certificate is in essence a "UAV Pilot License" and required by all commercial operators of an UAV or RPA in Australia. CASA has transitioned to rename UAVs to Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) and Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS). An RPAS is a sub-section of the overall UAS terminology as defined by ICAO.

The following list is a high level summary workflow of some of the RPA / UAV Controller Certificate application process and steps required to undertake in order to apply for a CASA UAV Controller Certificate. These activities are described in more detail on our website.

Post has attachment
The RPAS Logger Suite of applications has been designed to meet the needs of all Remotely Piloted Aircraft – RPA (sUAS / UAV / Drone) users. From Hobbyists, micro businesses and large scale organisations.

It offers basic functions like logging, graphic airport identification and battery management through to risk assessment, safety management and CRM / Accounting integration. Data is fully transportable as you upgrade. The Suite is made up from three main applications:

Post has attachment
A COMPANY needs to obtain a UAV Operator Certificate (UOC). (The people flying for the company will obtain a Remote Pilot Certificate (RPC) or a UAV Controller Certificate (UAV CC))

* A UAV Operator’s Certificate (UOC or OC) authorises a business to conduct RPAS operations for profit or commercial gain.
* To be accredited, a business must show that they have met mandatory requirements set by CASA and have a suitable organisational culture and business model for safe Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) Operations
*RPAS Training and Solutions Pty Ltd aids our clients in obtaining the relevant qualifications for a UAV Operator’s Certificate

We have created the workflow poster below to explain the steps you will need to complete for your UOC.

#drone   #dronevideos   #dronephotography   #UAV   #remotepilot  
Wait while more posts are being loaded