Gifting - Tips and Tricks... Legen... dary :-)
I think we all agree that this week's gift set is pretty and useless - or pretty useless? (was looking for a pun here, but couldn't find one... Paris Hilton gift set? :-) Nope, she's worth a lot of money...)
So we can stop sending gifts - or we try to make the best of it...
Here's the best I could come up with:
If you receive a mystery legend, you can see which one it is before you click "return gift". If it's a really good one and both players cooperate, you can send the same legend forth and back forever! Do several Emperor Qin per day sound good? Or are you the Leonidas type? :-) Read on...
This will be a lot more complicated than the regular gifting, but I think it could be worth it. Here's how you can do it:
Short version : If you do daily gifting, wait until the 24 hours have passed. Do not accept any legends during the day! When it's time to send gifts, go through your stream, accept all the legends and click "return gift" only for the good ones.
- I don't know if everybody knows this, but in the "My Allies" list, you can actually see if you can currently send a gift to somebody. If there is a "send gift" button, you can send a gift, otherwise, you can't (duh...). The buttons only change when you load the game, so you should restart before gifting.
- Before you accept any legend from an ally, you should make sure you can return it if it's good. You can check the allies list - or you can just send gifts once a day for less work... also, the allies list only works for
allies people in your circles some people in your circles. Accepting and sending gifts once a day should work for everybody.
- Accept all the legends in your stream. There will be four types: "Good" legends somebody returned to you, "bad" legends somebody returned to you, mystery legends that turn out to be something nice and mystery legends that are useless... Obviously, you only return the good ones. Instead of returning the bad ones, you send a new mystery legend. In theory, we will be sending lots of good legends after a couple of days :-)
Here are the challenges:
- it will be more work - you cannot really send 100 gifts per day this way
- it only works really well if both players follow the system and if they agree which legend is good and which one isn't...
So guys... do you think this is a good idea and worth trying? And if you do, which legends do you like?
I'd think the military defense legends will be good for everybody, especially because they last 12 and 24 hours and offer real protection from attacks (50% or 100% defense boost!). Also, fire in the city is annoying for everybody while many people don't care about losing trades... The short term culture and trade legends (30 minutes, 1 hour) will only be good for attack and therefore, only for players who do expeditions in that category... and can we all agree that the "collect/clean 40% of whatever" legends are useless? Well, maybe not useless, but not valuable?
Go ahead, tell me what you think...
P.S.: random note: I've noticed that one bunch of mystery legends seem to always be the same! If you click "Free gifts", then select 50 people and click send, all of them will receive the same legend... so unless you want to put 50 chips on
black number 35, you should probably send more separate sets... even if you don't want to follow my system at all...