- Executive Resumes, LinkedIn & Google+ Profiles, Retained Executive Search Consultant1987 - present
- VP & Controller, Seattle Trust & Savings Bank1983 - 1987
- CPA, Deloitte1980 - 1983
- Client Testimonial: Mike B., Sales Manager, CA“Donna doesn’t just get your resume in order, she makes you look inside yourself for what you really want to achieve and then helps you map the route to get there. Not only did she help me find a great job, she helped me focus my life personally and professionally!”
- Client Testimonial: Bob T., Human Resources Director, VA"I was having a hard time trying to get interviews and was looking for alternative ideas. I came across an article, Monster's "11 for 2011, Experts Who Can Help Your Job Search," and Donna was listed. So I took a leap of faith and contacted Donna. In our first conversation, she made me feel at ease in discussing what I was looking for in a job and what type of resume I wanted. It was an easy decision to have her write my resume. She asked open-ended questions about every position I held, making me dig deep to remember the skill sets and accomplishments I had achieved. She was very patient with me as I struggled to answer her questions. She was always on time with her drafts that she had completed and sent for my review. The quality of her work is outstanding. I can see why Monster had her on their list of "11 for 2011" experts. When the time comes, I will hire her again to revamp my resume. I recommend that anyone who is in the job market, and needs a "World Class" resume to submit to a prospective employer, speak with and hire Donna as their Resume Writer/Coach."
- Client Testimonial: Carrie K., New Media Marketing Director, WA“When I came to Donna I was discouraged, facing an unplanned career change and feeling I had few transferable skills. Donna helped me uncover the true skills underneath the day-to-day I was doing and showed me how to find new fields where those skills would be valued. She helped me learn to convey my unique value and gave me a crash course on networking that proved very successful. My work with Donna led me in new and exciting career directions and left me far more confident, with the ability to share my abilities and successes in engaging ways. ”
- Client Testimonial, Dave C., CFO, DC"Donna provided the best, most comprehensive professional guidance I’ve ever seen regarding career search and resume building. She took the time to really dig into my professional experience, not just my background. That effort helped ensure that both my resumé and job interviews were top notch. It also ensured that I had a career match, not just a job match. I highly recommend Donna for anyone who is looking to advance his or her career. Enthusiastically..."
- Client Testimonial: Janis C., Controller, TX“The resume Donna prepared for me was professional and comprehensive. Donna took time to interview me to ensure my resume was accurate and contained all the buzz words that would help get me beyond the electronic gatekeepers and into the hands of the appropriate personnel. Donna’s resume has opened doors for me that otherwise would have remained closed resulting in multiple call backs and interviews. I was so pleased with the resume Donna wrote for me I requested she write one for my husband. I would recommend Donna’s services to anyone who wants to land the perfect position.”
Donna Svei, Executive Resumes, G+ Profiles, LinkedIn Profiles, Retained Executive Search Consultant
I collaborate with my job-seeking clients to write job-winning resumes and Google Plus and LinkedIn profiles — your core career marketing materials 24/7/365. When your resume and social media profiles speak directly to what recruiters and hiring managers want, your job search takes less time.
Recruiting since 1987, I have completed over 400 retained executive searches. I work with hiring managers and Human Resources on a regular basis. I know what they want to see, or not see, on your resume to move them to schedule interviews with you and make job offers.
My executive search clients include Fortune 500, mid-size, and entreprenuerial companies, major consulting firms, and some of the U.S.’s leading nonprofits.
Before 1987, I was a VP and hiring manager in the financial services industry and a CPA with Deloitte. I speak numbers. Because of this, I know how to quantify information to make your story both compelling and credible.
- My clients and I first agree on a fixed amount for the work we will do together.
- Then we identify the experience and attributes that matter most to the organizations where they want to work.
- Next, we have an in-depth conversation about their background to develop a narrative about where they have worked, what they have done, and the results they have delivered.
- Following that, I write a draft of their resume and we then collaborate to refine the draft into a finished resume and social media profiles.
- The process makes effective use of your time.
- You get a market-driven resume and social media profiles that win interviews.
- Because we have dug into your background in the context of employers' needs, you're more aware of what you have to offer and are much better prepared for your interviews than you were before we started.
Email me at email@example.com, or call me at 208.721.0131 — because you want to know more or because you want to get started. Save time. Get hired.
- Pepperdine Graduate Business SchoolOrganization Development, 2002 - 2004
- Western Washington UniversityAccounting, 1978 - 1980
The Ultimate Guide to Finding Recruiters on LinkedIn [INFOGRAPHIC]
Last summer, one of my resume clients was having a tough time finding recruiters in his industry on LinkedIn. Because of that, I wrote out a
LinkedIn Now Lets You Order Skills on Your Profile
LinkedIn has just made a terrific change to the Skills & Endorsements section of your profile. Historically, it has displayed your skills by
I Negotiated My Job Offer & They Pulled It. Now What?
Should you negotiate your job offer? If you know you won’t take the offer you’re given, yes, do this. But what if you want the job? Or need
Use LinkedIn Mobile to View Your Connections’ Activity Feeds
Earlier today I shared Nick Lagos’ great post on LinkedIn’s social decline, LinkedIn: Maintaining Relevance or Downward Slide?, on Viveka vo
HOW TO: Ask for LinkedIn Recommendations, Two Tips & a Script
“How do I ask for a LinkedIn recommendation?” It's an awkward moment, isn’t it? You have to ask people you know to do something for you that
Resume Black Hole Pain: Why You Don’t Hear Back After You Submit Your Re...
A job search is NOT a “numbers game.” Today's job search is much more like an “audition” for a new job. That's a very important difference f
The Only 5 Interview Questions You Need to Prepare for
There is an awful lot of chitchat, jibber jabber and small talk going on in interviews. When you take a closer look at the exchanges, you ca
HOW TO: Connect with Recruiters You Don’t Know on LinkedIn
Most of my resume and LinkedIn profile clients start their job searches with small LinkedIn networks. They need to grow those networks, espe
10 (More!) Career Experts to Follow on Twitter | The Daily Muse
Because a little more career wisdom sprinkled in your Twitter feed is always a good thing.
HOW TO: Connect Your Email Signature to Your LinkedIn Profile — INFOGRAPHIC
Do you know that less than three-percent of professionals link their email signature block to their LinkedIn profile? Huge fail! WriteThat.N
12 Steps You Should Take Before You Accept the Job Offer
You're in the process of interviewing at a company and it seems like you've got a good shot at the position. Terrific! Before you rush to sa
12 Things You Wish You’d Known Before You Took the Job — Infographic
Have you even taken a new job and found, to your horror, that it didn't turn out the way you thought it would? Perhaps promises were broken.
Have You Connected with Your Professors on LinkedIn?
Have you connected with your professors, especially those in your major, or your graduate program, on LinkedIn? Rich DeMatteo (@CornOnTheJob
Your Resume & The Psychology of Fonts — Infographic
A recent AvidCareerist post shared an infographic about serif and sans serif fonts and talked about when to use which type of font on your r