Summary Sunday: It All Comes Down To Communication - http://buff.ly/1FAo4Ly
Instead, structure your interviews as much as possible. Use a consistent set of questions and a real, on-the-job task that shows how a person would actually do if hired. You’ll make better, fairer decisions, and candidates will appreciate it, whether or not they get the job. #workrules #interviewing #google
More at: www.workrules.net
- Executive Resumes, LinkedIn & Google+ Profiles, Retained Executive Search Consultant1987 - present
- VP & Controller, Seattle Trust & Savings Bank1983 - 1987
- CPA, Deloitte1980 - 1983
- Client Testimonial: Mike B., Sales Manager, CA“Donna doesn’t just get your resume in order, she makes you look inside yourself for what you really want to achieve and then helps you map the route to get there. Not only did she help me find a great job, she helped me focus my life personally and professionally!”
- Client Testimonial: Bob T., Human Resources Director, VA"I was having a hard time trying to get interviews and was looking for alternative ideas. I came across an article, Monster's "11 for 2011, Experts Who Can Help Your Job Search," and Donna was listed. So I took a leap of faith and contacted Donna. In our first conversation, she made me feel at ease in discussing what I was looking for in a job and what type of resume I wanted. It was an easy decision to have her write my resume. She asked open-ended questions about every position I held, making me dig deep to remember the skill sets and accomplishments I had achieved. She was very patient with me as I struggled to answer her questions. She was always on time with her drafts that she had completed and sent for my review. The quality of her work is outstanding. I can see why Monster had her on their list of "11 for 2011" experts. When the time comes, I will hire her again to revamp my resume. I recommend that anyone who is in the job market, and needs a "World Class" resume to submit to a prospective employer, speak with and hire Donna as their Resume Writer/Coach."
- Client Testimonial: Carrie K., New Media Marketing Director, WA“When I came to Donna I was discouraged, facing an unplanned career change and feeling I had few transferable skills. Donna helped me uncover the true skills underneath the day-to-day I was doing and showed me how to find new fields where those skills would be valued. She helped me learn to convey my unique value and gave me a crash course on networking that proved very successful. My work with Donna led me in new and exciting career directions and left me far more confident, with the ability to share my abilities and successes in engaging ways. ”
- Client Testimonial, Dave C., CFO, DC"Donna provided the best, most comprehensive professional guidance I’ve ever seen regarding career search and resume building. She took the time to really dig into my professional experience, not just my background. That effort helped ensure that both my resumé and job interviews were top notch. It also ensured that I had a career match, not just a job match. I highly recommend Donna for anyone who is looking to advance his or her career. Enthusiastically..."
- Client Testimonial: Janis C., Controller, TX“The resume Donna prepared for me was professional and comprehensive. Donna took time to interview me to ensure my resume was accurate and contained all the buzz words that would help get me beyond the electronic gatekeepers and into the hands of the appropriate personnel. Donna’s resume has opened doors for me that otherwise would have remained closed resulting in multiple call backs and interviews. I was so pleased with the resume Donna wrote for me I requested she write one for my husband. I would recommend Donna’s services to anyone who wants to land the perfect position.”
Donna Svei, Executive Resumes, G+ Profiles, LinkedIn Profiles, Retained Executive Search Consultant
I collaborate with my job-seeking clients to write job-winning resumes and Google Plus and LinkedIn profiles — your core career marketing materials 24/7/365. When your resume and social media profiles speak directly to what recruiters and hiring managers want, your job search takes less time.
Recruiting since 1987, I have completed over 400 retained executive searches. I work with hiring managers and Human Resources on a regular basis. I know what they want to see, or not see, on your resume to move them to schedule interviews with you and make job offers.
My executive search clients include Fortune 500, mid-size, and entrepreneurial companies, major consulting firms, and some of the U.S.’s leading nonprofits.
Before 1987, I was a VP and hiring manager in the financial services industry and a CPA with Deloitte. I speak numbers. Because of this, I know how to quantify information to make your story both compelling and credible.
- My clients and I first agree on a fixed amount for the work we will do together.
- Then we identify the experience and attributes that matter most to the organizations where they want to work.
- Next, we have an in-depth conversation about their background to develop a narrative about where they have worked, what they have done, and the results they have delivered.
- Following that, I write a draft of their resume and we then collaborate to refine the draft into a finished resume and social media profiles.
- The process makes effective use of your time.
- You get a market-driven resume and social media profiles that win interviews.
- Because we have dug into your background in the context of employers' needs, you're more aware of what you have to offer and are much better prepared for your interviews than you were before we started.
Email me at email@example.com, or call me at 208.721.0131 — because you want to know more or because you want to get started. Save time. Get hired.
- Pepperdine Graduate Business SchoolOrganization Development, 2002 - 2004
- Western Washington UniversityAccounting, 1978 - 1980
Don't Sign that Severance Agreement | Victoria Pynchon | LinkedIn
You're sitting in your office quietly working when the woman from HR and a guy from security comes in and tells you you're being terminated.
The #1 Job Search Metric You Are Probably Not Tracking--And Should Be | ...
LinkedIn updates? Resumes sent? Networking events attended? Check. Check. And Check. With all the job search activities a job seeker has to
The Ideal Word Count for Your Resume, According to Research
I opened an MS Word resume file the other night that actually scared me. Tiny font. Cringe. Whimper. No white space. Rapid, shallow breathin
My Big Conference Mistake And The Lazy Way To Get Career Ideas | LinkedIn
I attended a big conference in Portland Oregon while I was on vacation, and I almost made a huge mistake.Now, I went to this conference beca
10 Topics and 6 Tips for Publishing Posts on LinkedIn | LinkedIn
Are you one of those people who can’t wait to utilize LinkedIn’s new publishing feature to dazzle your contacts and prospective employers, a
Layoff Survival - at Microsoft and Elsewhere | LinkedIn
Microsoft has just announced a layoff of 10% of their employees over the next year. Many Microsoft employees are probably in a state of shoc
The Pros and Pitfalls of LinkedIn Publishing | LinkedIn
To publish or not to publish on LinkedIn? That is the question. Yes, as an avid Shakespeare fan, I’m shamelessly twisting a famous Shakespea
YouTern’s Top 50 Blogs for Young Careerists: 2014 | The Savvy Intern by ...
When you need really good career advice... someone to guide you toward your first or next job... who do you turn to? Who gives out practical
How to Answer The "Tell Me About Yourself" Interview Question | LinkedIn
Preparing for an interview? You might be dreading the common “Tell me about yourself” question.Whether you’ve been on a leadership job hunt
4 Unique Ways to Reach a Hiring Manager on LinkedIn | The Savvy Intern b...
A reader recently asked how to best use LinkedIn to reach a hiring manager he wants to pursue. The trouble: that hiring manager is basically
Breaking News: "Unsubscribe" from Posts now an option. | LinkedIn
LinkedIn has finally yielded to its users demands for a way to tune out any long-form Posts in the Notifications stream.As of today, you can
Nail Your Interview in Less Than a Second | LinkedIn
A study conducted at Princeton University (Willis & Todorov) found that people form lasting impressions of others after looking at their fac
The Four Best Social Media Shares, According to Research
Good news! LinkedIn just completed a study of what professionals in several Asian, European, and North American countries like to read about
Do I Really Need to Add a Photo on my LinkedIn Profile? | LinkedIn
Maybe you’re in a rush and just want the short answer: Yes you absolutely do !It seems like a no-brainer, and yet I get this question at eve
Focus on Fundamentals, Not Your “Personal Brand” | LinkedIn
If I announced my Facebook relationship status with “personal branding,” I’d say “it’s complicated.” Love/hate relationship might be another
Finally! This is How You Find Recruiters on LinkedIn [Infographic] | The...
As recruiters work to source and recruit candidates in the Social Age, LinkedIn has become the go-to resource for recruiters. And the same i
Our conversation served as great job interview practice. (Miriam) asks s...
It’s not bad enough that the job application was 10 pages long, and you waited three weeks to hear back from the employer. Now, you need to