Interesting move by Apple and HTC. Is Apple getting softer with its battles? http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/10/does-apples-htc-agreement-indicate-a-softening-of-its-approach-to-patent-litigation/
44 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 6 previous comments
- Nope Apple just needs more LTE Patents.Nov 11, 2012
- No, there is more to come and Apple come at 'em thick an fastNov 11, 2012
- Nope, htc just wouldn't be able to take apple on in court, so they took the safer routeNov 11, 2012
- Apple would have won a number of cases against HTC. But would have lost LTE cases and that would have really hurt them. With the potential of them having to shut off LTE on apple devices. So an agreement has been reached. Now you can expect to see Google take advantage of this in the near future with a string of HTC made nexus devices that are free from Apples attempts to patent block them.Nov 11, 2012
- It's interesting to see that none of the articles I've read on this have mentioned HTC's LTE patents.
If they're of any use, Apple could have those and protect itself from Samsung (who are HTC's biggest competitor).
If those patents were of any worth, I think HTC may not have come off too badly with this agreement.
All speculation, of course. No articles have mentioned them, so I'm likely completely wrong. :DNov 11, 2012
- Apple scared of 4g patentsNov 12, 2012