I tried LoveFilm's free trial today. A previous DVD delivery trial was abandoned very quickly due to their awful website. Now, the website is much better but to watch a film, silverlight needs to be installed. Tried three browsers - including the hated IE - and over an hour faffing about, before cancelling the trial again. Ho hum.
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- Tom Lee+1so far I'm happy with Netflix, streaming to my 55" flat screen. Flawless. However, NF movies selection can be a little outdated at times, but they do rotate the selection.Jul 14, 2012
- I'm pretty sure Netflix has a chrome app for the chrombooksJul 14, 2012
- - I've been a LoveFilm member for years (with a break of about 9 months). I like the service and they've been pretty good to me in the past. Not really watched many streaming movies with them...but I suppose I would have been more likely to keep my account open if they had an Android app for streaming.
Ho hum.Jul 15, 2012
- Lovefilm actually told me that they're actively discussing streaming films over Android / iOS with the film publishers and told me to watch this space. Let's see.Jul 15, 2012
- If they were to do that, I may well re-open my account (again) on a streaming-only package.Jul 15, 2012
- It was actually one of my daughters that was trialling it and she thought, for 4.99/month she would be getting unlimited. She was shocked to see you still get charged per film on top of that - that was not made clear to her. Why not just charge per film as youtube do? Trial now canceled.Jul 15, 2012