Mary Marries Mari in MA, Moves to MO, Marries Merry
3 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- The real question is, assuming Mary, Mari, and Merry are all on board with the plan, what happens when they all move to MD and Mary tries to claim legal spouse benefits with respect to both Mari and Merry?Apr 22, 2013
- First of all,is correct to point out that this should involve MD in some way.
Second, is there any particularly reason that bigamy/polygamy should be illegal? I realize that isn't what you're getting at, but if it should be legal, then this all washes out in the long run.Apr 22, 2013
- Withe legal plural marriage would you end up with very large "family" businesses?Apr 22, 2013
- That's a tax issue, not a marriage issue, right? I'd hope a reasonable system could successfully decouple those things.Apr 22, 2013
- Apr 22, 2013
- For that sort of thing, I think it would be reasonable to restrict the privilege on practical grounds. So, for instance, if I 'marry' my co-worker for business reasons, but don't (say) live with that person, when push came to shove (e.g. in a legal case) the privilege would be revoked.Apr 22, 2013
Add a comment...