- Courtland Brooks (2005-present)Principal Consultant, present
- Airpic, Area Sales Manager / Community Sales Trainer (1991-95)
- Keyence, Senior Area Sales Manager (1996-97)
- UBM, Western Regional Sales Manager (1997-99)
- Particle Measuring Systems, Western Regional Sales Manager (1999)
- Hypermatch, Advisor (1999-2000)
- eTurn, Director of Business Development (1999-2000)
- Friendster, Director (2003)
- FriendFinder, Senior Marketing Manager (2003-04)
- Diet.com, VP Business Development (2004-05)
- Cupid.com, VP Marketing and Business Development (2004-05)
- ACE Club, Chief Entertainment Officer (1998-2007)
- Online Personals Watch & Social Networking Watch, Editor (2004-present)
Mark Brooks operates a consultancy firm called Courtland Brooks that exclusively serves internet dating and social networking companies. He has advised the CEO's of Friendster, Friendfinder, Cupid, Webdate, PlentyofFish, TRUE among others, and has worked in the online community space since 1998.
Courtland Brooks currently serves PlentyofFish, White Label Dating, Wealthy Men, Procall, OculusAI, Optimal Payments, DatingStartsHere and some early stage startups.
After graduating in 1994, he sold non-contact laser-based metrology and particle measuring systems to the likes of HP, Intel and Seagate.
By 1998, Mark saw the potential that the internet held for helping people connect and moved to California to start Ace-Club.com, an adventure and social club serving Silicon Valley, and then help start eTurn (now Remoba), an early competitor to Plaxo. In 1999 Mark helped develop an early personality profiling dating site called Hypermatch which was sold to EZBoard.
In 2003 he worked with Jonathan Abrams at Friendster to seed the Friendster community through media relations, promoters and events. He then joined FriendFinder to assist Dr Conru and Dr Zhang with media relations and business development. He left FriendFinder with Dr Zhang to help design and build the personality profiling based diet site, Diet.com, and then worked as VP for Cupid.com to overhaul the site design and acquire a speed-dating company and expand it into 70 U.S. cities.
June 2004 marked the first post on OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. 'OPW' has become the #1 online resource for the business of online dating and matchmaking. SocialNetworkingWatch.com followed in August 2006.
Mark's expertise in the industry has made him a regular keynote speaker at conferences around the world and a highly sought after consultant to internet dating and social networking companies.
He also guest writes for TechCrunch and is currently the President of the Internet Dating Executive Alliance.
- UCLA / Fieldings2012
- University of Hertfordshire