- Kira Wright, SLPSpeech Language Pathologist, present
- The Hello FoundationIndependent Contractor, present
My goal is to empower parents and caregivers to become experts in supporting their child’s communication in their home language. Children who can gain skill, confidence, and pride in their home language will more easily acquire those same skills in English.
Prior to working as a speech-language therapist, I worked extensively with the Russian-speaking population in Portland and Vancouver through social services, with a focus on education and orientation about US culture, community resources, and school & government systems. This familiarity with the diverse local Russian-speaking population, together with my training and experience as a speech-language pathologist, puts me in a unique position to serve Russian-speaking children and their families who are struggling with speech & language development.
I am a native English speaker and comfortable Russian speaker. I lived in Russia for over 3 years teaching English to students, preschool to adult.
Licenses and Certifications in Speech/Languages:
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Certificate of Clinical Competence-SLP
- State of Oregon Board of Examiners
- Washington State Department of Health
- State of Washington Educational Staff Associate
- Hanen Certified - It Takes Two To Talk
- Carleton College
- Portland State University
- The Colorado Springs School