I mentioned this on Twitter, but, I figure might as well mention it here, since Google folks seem to respond quickly here. In the past few days, Chrome has become unusable. A very large percentage of pages show up with the error message, saying the page can't be displayed. Reload works sometimes, but if I click away, and click back, I almost always get the same crash/error message again. I tried restarting the browser, no luck. It's to the point where I'm about to drop Chrome. It's a huge productivity drain. It's so bad that even the error message that has a supposed link for suggestions on how to help doesn't work. I click and nothing happens.
6 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 17 previous comments
- Ok so it isn't just me. I been having very similar problems with GC for the past week. Might be time to go back to Firefox. I hope Google is listening. :)Mar 2, 2012
- I've been using Firefox as my default for the most part and I am enjoying it again.Mar 2, 2012
- What drives me crazy is that I can open Chrome with just one tab and I have 8 processes running and over 300 Mb of memory usage. I would go back to Firefox but I have seen too many issues with it and for a lot of websites it just loads slow.Mar 5, 2012
- This was fixed in chromium 15.something already..
thomas: are you sure it's not just all the cruft embedded on pages that's affecting? Try with noscript, adblock (+easylist, easyprivacy, antisocial), requestpolicy and perhaps also ghostery installed, maybe also tune the pipelining settings..Mar 6, 2012
- Experiencing same issue as Thomas, losing 250 mb per day. Will also try another browser...Sep 7, 2012
- I am currently using Opera it takes some time to get use to it but is way more stable.Sep 21, 2014