When Persian carpets look like this, is the Iranian regime in trouble? I photographed this carpet in the bazaar in Tabriz, Iran.
41 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- dont take it that serious. Iranians are complicatedJun 13, 2012
- You don't know how seriously Iranians take carpets.Jun 13, 2012
- iranians are not a complicated, they have there own culture and feel proud, actually they are looking a self-respect.Jun 13, 2012
- There's a hotel in the former East Berlin called the "Wall Street Hotel". Thought it referred to the Berlin Wall, but it's a US-dollar NYSE-theme in the hotel...complete with a dollar bill design on the rug. Yay Capitalism!Jun 13, 2012
- If you talk to people in the carpet bazaar, you'll understand that there are two completely distinct markets in bazaar: domestic market almost always goes for time-honored traditional designs, while tourists go for more modern western-friendly ones. This is clearly only targeted at tourists.Jun 14, 2012
- You know what exactly the meaning of this design is?
This is what the average Iranian carpet designer thinks of an American tourist's taste in arts!
This is market. they would go for pyramids if lots of Egyptians used to spend money on Persian carpets!Jun 14, 2012