Accidental currywurst sauce analog:
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 1 - 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp buttter
- 1/2 tomato, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cummin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- random amount ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- a bit of water
- a bit of flour to thicken
1) Sautee onion & garlic in butter.
2) Add tomato, cummin, cayenne, salt, black pepper, tomato paste, water. Stir.
3) Simmer, stirring occasionally.
4) Add flour (carefully, sprinkled/sifted) to thicken as necessary.
Turns out to be enough sauce for about three sausages.
I should probably scale this up and figure out a slightly more formal recipe, but figured I'd better record the experiment for posterity before I forgot the details ;-)