- National Centre for Remote Sensing and Geo-Informatics (NCRG), KarachiGeneral Manager, 2000 - present
Name: Dr. Zahir Ali
Date of Birth: January 15, 1975
Material Status: Married
Permanent Address: Village and post office Karnel Sher Killi, Mohallah Bhader Khel, District and Tehsil Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
Mailing Address: Training and R&D Division, National Centre for Remote Sensing and Geo-Informatics (NCRG), P.O. Box 8402, Karachi-75270, Sindh, Pakistan
Cell No.: +92-0333-3243647
Working Experience: Since Oct 2000
Field of Proposed Study: Land Administration, Remote Sensing & GIS
Working as General Manager in R&D Organization in the field of Satellite Remote Sensing and Digital Image Processing.
- PhD in Land Administration (2013) from University of Twente, The Netherland
- MPhil in Physics (2005) from University of Peshawar, Pakistan
- MSc in Physics (1999) from University of Peshawar, Pakistan
- One week professional development course on “How to conduct Successful Selection Interviews”. 20 – 22 March 2013, SUPARCO HQs, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Three weeks professional development course on “Total Station and Cohesive Strength Meter (CSM)”. 28 Jan – 15 Feb 2013, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom.
- Two weeks professional development course on “Differential GPS and Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP)”. 25 June -08 July 2012, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom.
- Five days professional development course on “Object Based Image Analysis”. 16-20 January 2012, NCRG, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Three weeks professional development course on “Middle Management”. 12 Oct – 5 Nov 2011, SUPARCO HQs, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Five day short course on “Scientific Writing for Non-native English Speakers”. Autumn Semester 2008, ITC, Enschede, the Netherlands.
- Short course on “Information Management Research Methodologies”. July 2007, Tilburg University, Tilburg, the Netherlands.
- Short course “Land Administration for the South-East Asian Region”. 4-15 September 2006, Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Four months training course on “Database Development .Net”. January-April 2005, NED University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Two weeks professional development course on “Digital Image Processing”. 12-23 July 2004, Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Two weeks training course on “Digital Image Processing”. 1-12 December 2003, SPOT Image, Toulouse, France.
- Six months training course on “Space Science & Technology”. October 2000-March 2001, Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan
- 6th International Conference on Recent Advances in Space Technologies (RAST2013), 12-14 June, Istanbul, Turkey
- United Nations/Pakistan International Workshop on Integrated Use of Space Technologies for Water and Food Security; 11-15 March 2013, Islamabad, Pakistan
- FIG Congress 2010: Facing the Challenges - Building the Capacity,11-16 April 2010, Sydney, Australia
- FIG Working Week, 14–19 June 2008, Stockholm, Sweden
- Ali, Zahir. (2013). "Applying Total Quality Management concepts to land administration: A systematic approach". Scholar’s Press, Germany, Pages 265, ISBN: 978-3-639-70343-6. http://www.amazon.com/Applying-Quality-Management-Concepts-Administration/dp/363970343X
- Ali, Zahir. (2013). "Developing a framework to apply Total Quality Management concepts to land administration: the case of Islamic Republic of Pakistan". PhD Thesis, University of Twente Faculty of Geo-Information and Earth Observation (ITC), Enschede. http://www.itc.nl/library/papers_2013/phd/zali.pdf
- Ali, Zahir and Ahmed, S. (2013) "Extracting Parcel Boundaries from Satellite Imagery for a Land Information System". In Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Recent Advances in Space Technologies (RAST2013), held at Istanbul, Turkey from 12-14 June. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/RAST.2013.6581319
- Ali, Zahir, Zevenbergen, Jaap and Tuladhar, Arbind. (2013) "Quality Assessment of the Land Administration System in Pakistan". In Journal of Spatial Science, Volume 58, Issue 1, Pages 119-146. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14498596.2012.759093
- Ali, Zahir (2012) "Assessing Usefulness of High-Resolution Satellite Imagery (HRSI) in GIS-Based Cadastral Land Information System". In Journal of Settlements and Spatial Planning, Volume 3, Issue 2, Pages 111-114. http://geografie.ubbcluj.ro/ccau/jssp/arhiva_2_2012/06JSSP022012.pdf
- Ali, Zahir and Shakir, M. (2012) "Implementing GIS-based Cadastral and Land Information System in Pakistan". In Journal of Settlements and Spatial Planning, Volume 3, Issue 1, Pages 43-49. http://geografie.ubbcluj.ro/ccau/jssp/arhiva1_2012/06JSSP012012.pdf
- Ali, Zahir, Tuladhar, A. M. and Zevenbergen, J. A. (2012) "An integrated approach for updating cadastral maps in Pakistan using satellite remote sensing data". In International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, Volume 18, Issue August 2012, Pages 386-398. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0303243412000529
- Ali, Zahir, Tuladhar, A.M. and Zevenbergen, J.A. (2010) “Developing a framework for improving the quality of a deteriorated land administration system based on an exploratory case study in Pakistan”. In: Nordic journal of surveying and real estate research, Volume 7, Issue 1, Pages 30-57. http://ojs.tsv.fi/index.php/njs/article/view/3661
- Ali, Zahir and Nasir, A. (2010) "Land Administration System in Pakistan - Current Situation and Stakeholders’ Perception". In Proceedings of FIG Congress 2010: Facing the Challenges - Building the Capacity, held at Sydney, Australia from 11-16 April. http://www.fig.net/pub/fig2010/papers/fs03f/fs03f_ali_nasir_3901.pdf
- Ali, Zahir and Nasir, A. (2010) "Reliability is the Need of the Hour". GIS Development - The Global Geospatial Magazine, Volume 14, Issue 5, Pages 30-32. http://www.geospatialworld.net/magazine/MArticleView.aspx?aid=18985&Itemid=155
- To explore new avenue and developments in the field of Cadastral and Land Information Systems.
- To develop new techniques and methods in operational utilization of Geo-ICT in the field of Cadastral and Land Information Systems.
- ITC, University of Twentepresent
- University of Peshawar, Pakistan
- University of Twente, the Netherlands