- Alan Knox Web DevelopmentOwner/Developer, 2010 - present
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, FullThrottle DevelopmentWeb developer, 2002 - present
- Russell CorporationEngineering, 1990 - 2002
- FullThrottle DevelopmentOwner/Developer, 2009 - 2010
I am a PhD student in biblical theology and a web developer. My interests include PHP and ecclesiology. My dissertation topic is the purpose of the gathering of the church in the New Testament. By God’s grace, I try to live what I am learning about the church.
I began studying the church specifically a few years ago. As I compared the modern church with the church as described and taught in Scripture, I noticed differences that I could not ignore. In Scripture, the church lived as a family. Today, the church tends to live as an institution or organization.
I write about how our understanding of the church affects (or should affect) the way the we live our lives among other brothers and sisters in Christ. I’ve found that many aspects of our understanding of church (gathering, leading, teaching, etc.) are woven together such that it’s almost impossible to focus on only one aspect.
I invite you to join me and my readers as we help one another share our lives under the headship of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, and all for the glory of God.
Our family is part of a hybrid (less institutional, more simple) church called Messiah Baptist Church.
You can email me at aknox [at] sebts [dot] edu.
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminarypresent
- Georgia Institute of Technology