Think there's a little plagiarism going on here? The map on top is published in a series of novels by "author" Tracey Alley. The one at the bottom is the one from TSR's 1983 Expert Set.
20 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 61 previous comments
- Ms.-- Your statement: "By all means feel free to continue to try and vilify my work or unjustly brand me as a plagiarist or an intellectual property thief - that is your right of opinion and in accordance with the freedom the internet provides."
I don't have to "try" or continue vilifying you or your work, since you've accomplished this yourself in so many ways I'm no longer counting.Jun 15, 2013
- Ms.-- Your statement: "[Even if this would not be the first time TSR/WoTC, or a pseudo-representative of theirs', has tried to blacken the name of a writer in order to attempt to appropriate a good storyline for themselves.]"
Curious statement, but as far as I'm concerned I never had any interest in any of your storylines. I'm perfectly capable of coming up with my own, thank you very much.Jun 15, 2013
- Ma'am, I humbly ask you to reconsider your stance.
While the novels as stories may not have been plagiarized because your wrote the plot and words yourself, the usage of so many of the names and existents of Mystara may be considered an intellectual property violation (perhaps copyright or trademark related), particularly in the case of the map -- regardless of whoever created this particular version.
I say this as a member of a large fan community that actively contributes to the official and unofficial canon of the Mystara setting that has always stayed up to date and wary of TSR and now Wizards of the Coast's stance on how the IP is used.Jun 15, 2013
- Ms.-- Your statement: "However, I would ask that my religious beliefs, the White Horse blog and my relationship with God NOT be dragged into this discussion as they have no bearing on the case you are attempting to make. Furthermore making personal comments, based only on your own perceptions, regarding my academic career or personal life dilute the essence of what you claim to be a legitimate exposure of plagiarism."
I haven't actually addressed your religious beliefs, your personal life, or your academic career. If someone else did, in this thread or elsewhere, it is entirely a result of your mishandling this affair. You shouldn't blame others for the situation you've engendered. For your information, I have no plan to claim credit for the words of others as my own.Jun 15, 2013
- Well here's an interesting quote:
"I’d been writing for many years, novels, short stories, poetry etc but this book came partly out of a role-playing game I’d been playing with some friends and partly out of watching an old Robin Hood movie – the two ideas just sort of jelled in my mind and The Witchcraft Wars was born."
http://stuartaken.blogspot.com/2010/10/author-interview-with-tracey-alley.html#.Ub0bJPm1FAgJun 15, 2013
- , please just admit you've made a mistake, this will all go away much, much quicker.Jun 15, 2013