- Avoid overengineering datastructures. Tuples are better than objects (try namedtuple too though). Prefer simple fields over getter/setter functions.
- Built-in datatypes are your friends. Use more numbers, strings, tuples, lists, sets, dicts. Also check out the collections library, esp. deque.
- Be suspicious of function/method calls; creating a stack frame is expensive.
- Are you sure it's too slow? Profile before optimizing!
- The universal speed-up is rewriting small bits of code in C. Do this only when all else fails.
- Purdue UniversityComputer Engineering
- student, present
- INFOSYS, NEXTWAVE WIRELESS
Breaking News Headlines: Business, Entertainment & World News - CBS ...
CBS News brings you the latest breaking world news, national news, political, business and entertainment news, as well as stories from 60 Mi
CNN-IBN Live News, Breaking News, Politics, Movies, World & Sport News
IBNLive: Read Latest/Breaking News from India Politics, World, Movies, Sports, Business News, Science/Technology, Health/Society News, Top T
Express exclusive: Secret note blows cover of govt move to shackle Elect...
Express exclusive: Secret note blows cover of govt move to shackle Election Commission - A day after The Indian Express reported that the go
TurboTax® Tax Preparation Software, FREE Tax Filing, Efile Taxes, Income...
TurboTax is the #1-rated, best-selling tax software. Free Edition includes free IRS efile. Easily prepare your tax return and file income ta
CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Gingerbread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.