- ShopifyWriter & Content Strategist, 8 - present
- BetaKitSr. Writer/Analyst, 8 - 4BetaKit is a new publication dedicated to providing original, real-time reporting and analysis of emerging technology news and global innovation. • Wrote more than 300+ full-length breaking news articles (500 to 1000 words) covering tech startup from around the globe, in addition to conducting primary interviews with founders/CEOs for each story • Contributed to BetaKit Insights, a quarterly research report outlining disruptive digital trends to keep agencies and enterprises informed on areas like mobile payments, retargeted advertising, and big data NOTE: BetaKit was closed down after a decision by its parent company The Post Media Network to integrate the brand with the Financial Post.
- The Art of LivingInternational Delegate (Volunteer Opportunity), 6 - 7The Art of Living Foundation is the world's largest volunteer-based non-governmental organization providing educational and humanitarian services in 153 countries.The vision of the foundation is a stress-free, and violence-free society. • Sponsored to go travel to Pakistan and initiate a series of youth leadership programs (YES!+) encompassing leadership skills, public speaking, and community service • Managed a group of 4 staff to organize, promote, and instruct 4 30-hour workshops spanning a period of 3-4 days reaching out to 50+ youth • Facilitated 4 management meetings and brainstorms for organizational planning and development
- VanCityBuzzWriter & Web Analytics (Freelance), 4 - 6Vancity Buzz is your inside source for Vancouver happenings. We instantly keep Vancouverites up-to-date with what goes on in their city so you never feel like you’re out of the loop. • Reported on and covered emerging technology and start-ups • Utilized Google Analytics to provide insights and recommendations for page design and content strategy
- Stephenson's Rental ServicesMarketing Analyst, 4 - 11Stephenson's Rentals is the leading construction equipment rental provider in Toronto and the surrounding areas with a network of 20 convenient locations, solution-driven professionals and an expansive delivery network. • Conducted daily, weekly, and monthly reports and analytics to ensure fleet quality through maintenance schedules and repairs • Managed 1 staff and oversaw company-wide project to allocate fleet spread across 20 retail stores according to demand and shortages • Created sales presentations, software training manuals, and print/digital promotional material while maintaining company website on Wordpress
- Ernst & YoungNational Marketing Intern, 5 - 11Ernst & Young LLP is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. • Only intern invited to attend and facilitate 3 senior manager meetings • Chosen by National Marketing Director to coordinate the department's Year-End Report and New Fiscal Year Plan • Provided research, writing, and strategic support to the Corporate Social Responsibility, PR, and Entrepreneur Of the Year departments
- Ryerson UniversityResearch Assistant (Marketing Department), 5 - 4Ryerson University is known for innovative programs built on the integration of theoretical and applied learning. • Facilitated 5 quantitative lab studies collecting data from 100+ undergrad students, in addition to designing questionnaires on SurveyMonkey • Assisted in qualitative research, writing, editing, and reviewing an academic paper selected for publication in the prestigious Journal of Consumer Psychology
- DECODEResearch Analyst Intern, 5 - 11DECODE is a global strategic consultancy that merges the best elements of research and innovation to solve their clients’ biggest challenges related to young people. • Researched current trends around Gen. Y's working, consumption, and civic engagement attitudes to generate 3 knowledge databases • Chosen by CEO to coordinate project for a major financial services client, being involved for the full-cycle of the project
- Public Outreach FundraisingFundraiser, 5 - 7Public Outreach is a leading monthly donor recruiting partnership specializing in face-to-face and telephone fundraising. • Canvassed and sought monthly donations from the general public for reputable charities like the SickKids Foundation and the Canadian Red Cross, and followed-up with leads over the phone in a professional call centre environment.
- Royal Bank of CanadaDonations Administrative Officer (Summer Internship), 6 - 7RBC provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management services, insurance, corporate, investment banking and transaction processing services on a global basis. • Performed administrative duties pertaining to RBC's after-school grants and employee volunteer program in addition to manging their donations database.
Humayun Khan is a Toronto-based startup content marketer and writer who currently contributes to publications like TechVibes and Techononmy. Previously, he was the Sr. Writer at emerging tech publication BetaKit before it was integrated with the Financial Post.
A marketing graduate from Ryerson University, Humayun’s work experience spans the fields of consumer insights, market research, business analysis, and online marketing. He is passionate about emerging and disruptive tech startups and their ability to transform and create entirely new industries.
When not working, you can find him creating art on his iPad, writing fiction, reading non-fiction, and teaching introductory yoga classes.
- Ryerson UniversityMarketing Management (Hons.), 2006 - 2010
- University of OttawaCommon Law, 2012 - 2012Dropped out after realizing it wasn't the right career path for me.