I suppose I'd better look into what this silly named title actually means and what if anything it adds! Anyone else with the Nokia 8, then keep your eyes open.
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 9 previous comments
- don't think I'll bother with that. I'd rather take the phone back. Seems to much of a faf. Then next month might not work again. They should put out a Nokia PC tool like they use to so you can reflash the phone with the current os.3w
- i miss regular updates like lumias had. Android is a bit naff really. Microsoft and apple have got the updates thing sorted. No carrier interference.3w
- Yes agree with that. Thought SIM free would be ok.3w
- FYI. Put a three SIM in still nothing. Tried again with no SIM and October update came in. Then November. Hopefully Oreo will come soon. Now to put my giffgaff SIM card back.3w
- HMD deserve loads of praise for there updates. They have beaten the Pixels to the punch a couple of times for security updates. The beta 8.0 on my 8 was really stable and now as I type it is pulling down the release version on the day it is made available.3w
- I take back all that I have said. I have put a different SIM in my Nokia 5 I usually use Tesco .I tried an asda SIM (EE) and it immediatly started updating.I have since had 3 securitypatches and an update to 7.1.2 . So for some reason my phone would not update with a Tesco SIM installed .and it wouldn't update with no SIM in .so I must admit Nokia are really up to date after all. Shame the support staff don't have a clue what they are doing. I would imagine there will be a lot of others stuck with no updates who wouldn't know what to do .3w
Add a comment...