- AuditNet.orgWeb site owner, 1994 - presentCreated an Internet Web site that links auditors around the world with over 1,300 audit related resources and over 2,000 audit work program templates. The AuditNet® Web site www.auditnet.org is used by auditors at Fortune 500 companies, public and private companies, government agencies and organizations, around the world searching for audit-related information. Clients include ACL, CCH TeamMate, Protiviti KnowledgeLeader, CaseWare IDEA, Thomson Reuters, and the Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors.
- Fairfax County Public SchoolsDirector Internal Audit, 1999 - 2005Established the school district’s internal audit office reporting to the Superintendent. Developed an internal audit charter and procedures for reporting and investigating fraud approved by the School Board, prepared and implemented an annual audit plan based on a risk assessment of the auditable units. Developed a comprehensive audit manual detailing the organization and operation of the internal audit function. Recommended outsourcing the audits of local school activity funds resulting in annual savings to the school district of over $140,000. Developed a Fraud and Internal Controls for School Based and Central Administrators training program for the Fairfax County Public Schools Leadership Academy. Performed audits and supervised staff for projects resulting in annual cost savings and revenues of over $200,000. Implemented the use of PC-based data extraction and analysis software utilized in audit projects. Serve as a member of the Community Use Steering Committee, a multi departmental task force evaluating changes to the school’s community use policies and procedures. Designed an intranet and Internet Web site for internal audit. Conducted surveys of the fifty largest school districts in the United States in order to benchmark the school’s internal audit function against peers.
- Fairfax County VirginiaAudit Manager, Senior Auditor, Staff Auditor, 1981 - 1999Planned, coordinated and supervised operational, financial, compliance and fraud audits of County departments in accordance with professional audit standards, procedures and techniques. Assisted the Director of Internal Audit in developing annual audit plans for the Internal Audit Office. Managed all phases for projects in progress for multiple project teams. Reviewed progress ensuring audits were completed on time and within budget. Edited and revised draft audit reports. Trained audit staff in the use of personal computers. Utilized advanced Internet search tools and techniques to locate performance standards and benchmarking information to enhance auditing and management performance. Member of the County Executive’s Competition Model Task Force, that reviewed approaches for alternative service delivery for County programs. Established a working relationship with the Virginia Commonwealth Competition Council for assistance with the County’s initiative including the use of Compete, the Council’s software program for making a comparative cost analysis. Initiated, developed, and implemented a Software Compliance Action Plan for Fairfax County, minimizing the County's exposure to litigation from software vendors for copyright infringement. Designed and developed the Fairfax County Internal Audit Office Internet Web Site. Created hypertext documents including links to sites on topics such as government auditing and accounting, performance measurement, benchmarking, and fraud. Developed a hypertext audit manual incorporating form links to WordPerfect and Adobe Acrobat documents.
- Arlington County VirginiaStaff Auditor, 1979 - 1981Conducted financial and compliance audits of County departments utilizing a thorough knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of public administration and government accounting. Audited Federal Department of Labor grants under the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act (CETA).
AuditNet® serves the global audit community as the primary communications resource with an online digital network where auditors share resources, tools, and experiences including audit work programs and other audit documentation. As the first online portal for the global audit community, AuditNet® has been at the forefront of audit websites dedicated to promoting the use of technology. In 2009 AuditNet® launched Web-based training for fraud detection and prevention, IT audit, data analysis and audit software tools and techniques, enabling auditors to learn essential skills anywhere and at any time. As a NASBA approved CPE sponsor AuditNet® now offers low-cost high-quality training for auditors and financial professionals, providing convenience while eliminating the need for travel.
- The American UniversityAccounting, 1977 - 1079Master of Science Accounting
- Geneseo SUCNYEconomic, 1968 - 1970
- Monroe Community CollegeBusiness Administration, 1965 - 1968
Fraud News - Nonprofit Official Admits Theft of Millions
Director/ Treasurer of Non-Profits Admits to Stealing over $2 Million Fabricated Documents to Conceal Fraudulent Transfers of Money from the