Founded in 1950, the South Onondaga Fire Department is located in the Town of Onondaga southwest of the City of Syracuse in upstate New York. Our department has over 30 dedicated volunteers who spend countless hours each year training in fire suppressions, technical rescue, and emergency medicine. We currently maintain 6 response vehicles including a 1,000 gallon Tanker, Engine, combination Heavy Rescue/Engine, Heavy Rescue, Light Rescue, and Squad. Our response area includes two schools and numerous residential homes. In addition, we provide mutual aid assistance to many departments including Nedrow, Onondaga Hill, Taunton, Otisco, Onondaga Nation, and Navarino.