How much of the federal budget goes to NASA? 15%? 7%? Nope. Try .45%, less than half a penny. Or to put it another way... http://bit.ly/kryMry
137 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 15 previous comments
- If only money spent on war were to be used for space exploration, we would found the theory of everything.Nov 29, 2011
- how bout N.A.S.A. turns space over to the private sector like it should have done 30 years ago. yes this was the deal however uncle sam saw fit to again take money and a higher standard of living from us the american people.
all the jets and other awesome stuff we have now we could have had 15 years ago if the government just did its job and kept its cotton pickin fingers out of our money.
also welfare etc is really really bad for america
please don't take me to be a callous uncaring monster. i do care but government is not the answer
Ronald Reagan once said "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
it is not the governments prerogative to deal out our hard earned money to anyone else welfare and government provided health care IS KILLING this great nation. this is why there is charity
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money to spend."-Margret ThatcherNov 29, 2011
- If NASA had turned over space to the private sector, we would have lost massive amounts of scientific research and new technologies, because space exploration is not something you make a profit on, unless the government is paying for it. NASA also inspires students to really participate in STEM education which is the key to Americas strategic position in the future.Nov 29, 2011
- Why doesn't the government invest the same percentage in private sector aerospace? If their goal is to privatize space why not make some return on it? Maybe they already do, please correct me if I'm wrong. (Oh and just for the record I think NASA's budget should be more than that)Nov 29, 2011
- The point I was attempting to make is that government should concern itself with outside threats and criminal activity inside our borders and that is it.
No involvement in anything else whatsoever
not space not gas not cars zip zilch nada none. they need to get their fingers out of my slice of the pie
and everyone else's for that matter.Nov 29, 2011
- Nerdfighteria and. Deacreasing mean world suck by increasing awesomeness. We need the William Herschel Telescope. It would be a gran milestone, and probably, like the HST, discover more then we could imagine.Nov 30, 2011