Heads up, folks that like to play with betas. It appears that the CH340 driver from here http://blog.sengotta.net/signed-mac-os-driver-for-winchiphead-ch340-serial-bridge/ - causes kernel panics on the macOS 10.12 beta that was released earlier this week. Note that many of the ESP8266 boards out there use the CH340 instead of FTDI... Going to see if I can find drivers that work, but in the meantime, be careful out there!
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 7 previous comments
- beta 5 panics as well. Anyone found a fix?Aug 15, 2016
- The fix is someone needs to release a new driver.Aug 15, 2016
- and they most likely won't release a new driver until 10.12 is out of beta. Oh well ....Aug 17, 2016
- , have you found any other workarounds for the CH340 driver? I wish I had seen this post before I updated to Sierra. Oh well.Sep 27, 2016
- I just got a hold of a beta driver that I want to test out - if it works, I'll get back to the author of it and beg him to make it publicly available :)Sep 27, 2016
- Sep 28, 2016
Add a comment...