View 83 previous comments
- Its called capitalism. Its how America works. They run a company to be profitable.Feb 6, 2012
- David S+1It doesn't have to be how America works. That's the beauty of having a (supposedly) mutable system of laws.Feb 6, 2012
- Social Sercurity was like welfare when it was invented, a temperary solution to America's War time. It was to help the Women take care of their bills while their man were off fighting. As it stands SS is BROKE like Medicare why take something out of my checks if I can't use it, for the last 5 years I've opt out of paying into a system that is crupt all Government Agencies have their hands in this program. I am sorry for my self and for the younger generation to have to put into something that not their, and thats were food stamps/tanf come in the more on it it's time to BORROW from SS to give to welfare hello!! if not were do we get the dam money from money tree, wave a wond what..Feb 7, 2012
- Social Security was developed in the 30's as an assurance, primarily for elderly and disabled people who could no longer work. It has of course been amended over time and casts a wider net now, but it was never a war-time program and certainly not conceived as some kind of stopgap measure.
Feel free to opt out! All you need is a sole proprietorship or other single-owner business entity. Then you can file for an exemption and stop paying into SSI, as well as unemployment insurance in most states. That's been true for decades. What a business can't do is opt its employees out of those programs. Assuming that's what you really want to do, hey: businesses in China, India and elsewhere are waiting to hear from you.
You still don't want to offer benefits to people who help you make money? Fine. Limit yourself to contract labor and keep your business small. There's all sorts of ways to stay under the radar is that's truly what you think is free or right living.Feb 7, 2012
- You want to know how to fight back.... STOP SPENDING...
If America went on true spending strike, the world would listen.
Save every dime you can, buy only products from local business... And yes, if that means you can't buy the new ipad, then so be it... Do you want what right, or what makes you feel good....?
And keep the spending freeze in-place until we see measurable action on the part of the politicians on DC.Feb 7, 2012
- Think of it this way... If you made $19,000 in 2009, and you got a tax refund of $156. What's the problem here. Tons of other companies get tax breaks for anything they do nowadays.Feb 13, 2012