5X First impressions from a 3+ year N4 user. Just got one over the weekend.
- The X/Y dimensions are not as bothersome as I feared. The width is about the same as my N4, while the length is about 1 CM more. The thickness, or lack thereof is a bit unsettling. I had no complaints about the thickness of my N4. Will be getting a case to make the grip more comfortable and make it feel less naked.
- Holy crap, the security. Not sure I'm a fan of forced encryption and the nag screen when you unlock the bootloader. The fingerprint unlock is SWEET, however.
- I find myself placing my finger square on the camera lens a lot to attempt to unlock the thing.
- The power and volume buttons could be a bit more pronounced.
- USB-C means I have to keep another cable around and try not to lose the adapter. I was pretty happy with Micro-USB. The new cable stays put though. My N4 had a habit of spontaneously ejecting the USB cable.
- Franco Kernel causes it to bootloop for some reason. Putting stock back works fine except for the aforementioned unlock nag. Latest bootloader, stock System, and cache/data wipes don't make a difference. TWRP Zip install or fastboot img install don't make a difference either. That's a task for another day I guess. Root works though, and that was enough to do the Titanium app-data restore. I was only using Franco for access to the display properties anyway, so NBD, especially on this screen.
- Much better signal pickup than my N4 (which was LTE-enabled).
- I still hate the post-KitKat stock lockscreen.