Here are some pictures of the torn down SurjTech 3M cable that fried my Pixel.
This is a follow up to my review here : https://www.amazon.com/review/R2XDBFUD9CTN2R/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
Visual observations :
1. Red wire to G. Black wire to V. So wrong.
2. Missing SuperSpeed wires on the back of the connector. Only 4 wires in total. This cable was advertised as a USB 3.1 SuperSpeed cable but is entirely missing the TX/RX
3. Generally a poor job with the soldering of the wires.
Other observations using a multimeter :
1) 10 kΩ resistor instead of 56 kΩ resistor used.
2) resistor hooked up as a Pull-down instead of a pull-up #USB #TypeC #USBC