The Top 10 Myths About Pursuing a Career as a Farmers Insurance Agency Owner
There are many myths that can hold you back from pursuing a noble and rewarding career in insurance and financial services, where we have defining moments everyday. Farmers Insurance and Financial Solutions Service Group is here to put those myths to rest.
1. Insurance is boring – False. We run into the action/danger just like you. When there’s a catastrophe, we’re first on the scene. What’s more exciting and adventurous than building a business of your own? To love what you do and feel that it profoundly matters—how could anything be more fun?
2. You’re an employee of Farmers - False. You are a true 1099 Independent Contractor…an entrepreneur, Farmers Agency Owner, you own your book of business and are backed by a national recognized leader in the industry.
3. I can’t Start a Farmers Insurance Agency, I know nothing about insurance – False. Almost all of our successful Farmers Agency Owners came from somewhere outside of the insurance world. It’s all in your attitude and purpose. Bring your influential leadership and we'll give you the hands-on training.
4. I’m all on my own and Farmers Insurance will invest nothing into me – False. Farmers Insurance has financial support tailored to your needs, while you grow your business. You’re in business for yourself… and not by yourself. We’ve been helping entrepreneurs build and grow their businesses for 85 years.
5. I won’t have any health/dental benefits – False. Farmers Insurance has a broker that makes a benefit plan available to agency owners who choose to opt in.
6. I’ll have to solicit to my friends and family – False. While it is helpful to have strong centers of influence, Farmers Insurance has a state-of-the-art lead-generating system to help you grow your business. As a matter of fact, our district manager discourages new Farmers Agency Owners from proactively selling to their friends and family.
7. Most people just buy online – False. When assets are involved and the well-being of someone’s family is involved, people want a trusted advisor to consult them of the various coverage options that's best fit for them.
8. I’ll have to write a check to Farmers in order to get started - False. The money you wish to invest, goes right into your business, not Farmers.
9. I have to be currently licensed before apply - False. Some of our Farmers Agency Owners come to us without licensing. We can assist in that process. We provide a coach, mentors, training and education. You’ll be an authority in no time.
10. I can only offer auto and home insurance – False. Farmers Agency Owners provide results, benefits, advice, and not just selling products. Farmers Insurance Agency Owners also have over 66 products they can use to help protect the assets and preserve wealth of their clients.