1. waffles are not ubiquitously-consumed or a 'must-have' see manpacks.com
for an item that is a must-have, is ubiquitous to one segment of the population i.e. men, is a chore to shop for and is something that the other segment of the population (women) can buy/gift.
2. shipping frozen food can be expensive and fraught with delivery/pickup issues.
3. the generic netflix for _blank_
model is definitely worth spending cycles on to find the product(s) that meet some of the criteria outlined in (1)
4. identify a product that also has an associated technology filter and you can can build sustainable competitive advantage (as netflix has done with streaming) and which manpacks does not
have which will allow you to mop up manpacks like ideas and become the amazon of the direct-2-home product market.
5. related models are the traditional 'book/cd clubs' (get a book in the mail, if u like it do nothing, if not send it back) which are now 'shop by mail clubs' see shoedazzle.com
raised $40m http://allthingsd.com/20110513/shoedazzle-walks-away-with-40-million-from-andreessen-horowitz/