Named one of the world’s 100 most influential people by TIME magazine, Captain Chesley B. “Sully” Sullenberger is an international hero, propelled into the spotlight after safely guiding a US Airways jetliner to an emergency landing on the Hudson River known as the “Miracle on the Hudson.” An accomplished pilot, instructor and aviation safety expert, he believes education, teamwork, preparation and creating a culture of safety can improve any organization. Sully’s decision-making ability and commitment to improving an industry have helped him to emerge as a model by which others measure success. As founder of Safety Reliability Methods, a consulting company dedicated to management, safety and performance, Sully serves as Aviation and Safety Expert for CBS News. He is the author of the NY Times best-selling book "Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters." His second book, "Making a Difference: Stories of Vision and Courage from America’s Leaders", was released on 5/15/12.
- United States Air Force AcademyFighter Pilot, 1975 - 1980
- Purdue UniversityMasters in Industrial Psychology
- University of Northern ColoradoMasters of Public Administration
- Purdue Universityhonorary Doctorate of Letters
- US AirwaysCommercial Pilot