Fair to say this phone will not be making its way to Ted any time soon ☺
Here’s a closer look at the Moto Z3 Play's Fingerprint Sensor
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 9 previous comments
- I really am attracted to the depicted body material of this phone. Is it a rubber-like material? It looks to be grip-able, resistant to scuffing and scratching, and easily cleanable.3w
- The Moto G6, G6 plus have leaked with 18:9 displays + front finger print scanner3w
- Any info on the speaker(s)?3w
- I have never used a phone with a fingerprint sensor, but I think it would probably be ok on the side.
Im planning on getting a Z2 Play some time later this year. But I should probably just wait for the Z3 Play. I hope it works with the current moto mods, because I already have the JBL Soundboost.3w
- Andrew MModeratorThe fingerprint sensor on the side of the Sony compact range works incredibly well for me. It's positioned where my finger/thumb lands, irrespective of which hand I pick the phone up with.
I'm using other phones which have an fps on the front and others on the side. It helps me appreciate why fps works in different positions for different devices (rather than starting from a fixed position for all devices).
I find fps on the side handy for devices that are mostly held in one hand, which have flatter sides and positioned where my thumb or finger lands. I was just thinking that I'd find the Blackberry Motion a lot more ergonomic if the fps was on the side.
Fps doesn't work on the side for devices that I use on a flat surface (nor does fps on the back). Typically these are larger devices.
It'll be interesting to see if Motorola run into the same licensing issues as Sony in the USA (assuming this goes forward).
The move of the fps to the back on the new Sony xz2 and xz2 compact makes me less likely to buy a Sony device compared to other similar devices, such as the v30 (with its better audio). It's a shame as it's something that gave Sony a distinguishing feature. However, the image above makes me more interested in a moto device (and seems more practical than on the back, if there are mods involved).3w
- john doe+1Mods is another reason that Moto can but go for a side facing fps now they've joined the full screen brigade. They have no choice.3w
Add a comment...