When scientists made the stunning announcement last year that a baby born with H.I.V. had apparently been cured through aggressive drug treatment just 30 hours after birth, there was immediate skepticism that the child had ever been infected in the first place.
But on Wednesday the existence of a second such baby was revealed at an AIDS conference here, leaving little doubt that the treatment had worked. A leading researcher said there might be five more such cases in Canada and three in South Africa.
Read more: http://nyti.ms/1jSqD3j
- University of California, Los Angelesconsultant, 2012 - presentdevelopment, grant writing, medical education administration
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public HealthDirector, Community Service Programs, 2002 - 2012Represented UW-SMPH on campus committees & Dane Co. community organizations Respected member of the academic affairs administrative management team Designed 50+ program evaluation surveys, utilized data for program improvement Successfully secured grant and philanthropic funding for service and outreach programs Developed and managed multiple programs/projects simultaneously & under budget Hired, supervised, and evaluated staff Managed risk and liability issues Interpreted university policy and procedures Established and sustained 12 community-campus partnerships with diverse constituencies Designed infrastructure for five student service programs serving over 500 students
- Ohio State UniversityPsychologyPh.D.
- California State University, San BernardinoPsychologyM.S.
- California State University, San BernardinoPsychologyB.A.
The Palomaesque Cocktail Recipe - Scott Baird | Food & Wine
The Paloma is a classic Mexican cocktail made with lime juice, tequila and grapefruit soda. Scott Baird, the mixologist who created this dri
Strawberry-Lemon Mojitos Recipe - Joaquin Simo | Food & Wine
Death & Co. · Manhattan
Tabernacle Crush Recipe - Linton Hopkins | Food & Wine
This light and refreshing cocktail is as reminiscent of the American South as it is of the South of France.
Silver Monk Recipe - Philip Ward | Food & Wine
Mixologist Philip Ward • Mayahuel, NYC
Our 14 Favorites Things from the (kind Of Crazy) Fancy Food Show, Includ...
The 60th Summer Fancy Food Show was held this week at NYC's Javits Convention Center. And, even though the show sounds, well, fancy, it's re
15 Beautiful Blueberry Recipes to Try This Summer | Epicurious.com
While some people dream of the ice cream-filled days of summer, I'm on another tip with fantasies of plump and juicy blueberries. My NYC fru
The Quest to Save LA's Century-Old Batchelder Tile Masterpiece - Curbed ...
On the ground floor of a run-down, four-story building at 217 West Sixth Street in downtown Los Angeles, on the block between South Broadway
20 Tacos to Try Before You Die in Los Angeles - Eater Maps - Eater LA
Tacos are the heartbeat of Los Angeles' culinary scene. Upscale chefs sling braised meats and fresh tortillas alongside uni and imported mez
25 Things to Do with Basil: Fragrant Recipes to Get You Through the Summ...
If you've already frozen enough batches of basil pesto to get you through next winter, it's time to take a new approach to cooking with the
A Rundown of 43 Iconic Meat Dishes in Los Angeles - Eater Maps - Eater LA
Los Angeles has always had a slew of fantastic dishes, from the mid-century and early 20th century institutions that served hulking pieces o
Out Loud: Notes from Our Critics on New Art, Music, and Television
Conversations with Peter Schjeldahl, Sasha Frere-Jones, and Emily Nussbaum on what they’ve been watching, listening to, and looking at.
Roast Chicken Cacciatore with Red Wine Butter Recipe - Giada De Laurenti...
Giada De Laurentiis is a chicken cacciatore expert: She's been making variations of it for years. For this exceptional version, the chef roa
A Multi-Camera 360° Panoramic Timelapse of the Stars by Vincent Brady
Michigan-based photographer Vincent Brady uses an elaborate 4-camera rig and lots of software to capture what he calls Planetary Panoramas.
3 Brand New Grilled Salad Recipes to Try This Weekend | Epicurious.com
As the weather heats up this June and you're spending more time outdoors, don't forget there are plenty of non-meat recipes you can grill up
Where to Drink in Los Angeles, Summer 2014 - Eater Maps - Eater LA
The cocktail scene in Los Angeles has never been better. The proliferation of well-made drinks has made diners and imbibers not only want th