Start a hangout
15 followers|19,611 views
Works at Japan Europe Trading Co., Ltd
Attended SDA Bocconi School of Management
Lives in Tokyo, Japan
15 followers|19,611 views
Experienced bicultural marketing professional with extensive international experience in Japan / Asia seeking a new full-time position.
I worked in Asia for over 16 years in the FMCG industry. I have helped grow and develop three entrepreneurial ventures, consulted for a myriad of consumer goods / services companies and created national marketing programs for two industry associations. My backgrounds experience in sales (B2B, B2C, online), marketing, event planning, procurement, pricing, forecasting, supplier management and logistics, all of which help me target adding value focused on the area of greatest opportunity or need within a company ecosystem. Above all, I strive to be an indispensable asset to any organization and enjoy the ride along the way! Professional Experience: - MBA in marketing & innovation - Entrepreneurial, motivated & independent - Excellent communicator with nine years experience in selling and marketing (B2B, B2C and online) consumer goods (strategy, product management, promotions, advertising) - Skilled at developing innovative solutions that are delivered under budget and on time - Strong multitasking skills, capable of managing complex projects with multiple shareholders - Experience in e-commerce (7 years), supplier and product portfolio management (5 years), logistics (5 years), pricing, demand forecasting, inventory management. Specialties: Branding, marketing, consumer sales, operations, supplier management, business strategy, business assessment, consulting, service, strategy, forecasting, budgeting
- Japan Europe Trading Co., LtdDivision Manager, Restaurant & Hotels, 2014 - presentJapan Europe Trading (JET) is an Italian specialist food and wine importer located in Tokyo, Japan. My team services luxury hotels and quality restaurants throughout the Greater Tokyo area providing them with a full range of wine (casual through ultra luxury) and food (olive oil, tomatoes, pasta, cheese, etc.).
- Samsung ElectronicsMBA Intern, 2012 - 2012Corporate Design Center: Service Design Participated in ideation workshops with cross-functional teams: Creative Agencies, Designers, Corporate Strategists, Market Researchers. Analyzed and researched ICT market trends, competitor analysis and market sizing to develop insights and propose product / service sets for Samsung's market entry strategy for a new industry.
- Open Door KKDirector, 2006 - 2011Core Proposition: Expert knowledge of Japanese wine industry and Food & Beverage Industry business experience. Worked closely with clients to develop business strategies and operational plans, marketing & market expansion strategies, market awareness (trade & consumer), and media exposure. Provided operations, service and marketing consulting services that empowered clients to increase sales and profit margins. Developed business and financial plans, and marketing strategies for two start-up operations. Long-term clients included: NAPA VALLEY VINTNERS - Japan Representative (2009 - 2010) WASHINGTON WINE COMMISSION - Japan Representative (2006 – 2009) Key Achievements: • Restaurant management: reduced fixed & variable costs resulting in a break-even point reduction of 30% in first six months, created systems for labor management, budgeting and cost control • Strategy: developed national marketing, PR and promotional programs to position Napa & Washington wines in the market & increase product awareness in Japan • Project management: planned & executed four major industry / consumer events, delivering projects on time, under budget and attaining all attendance and media exposure targets • Promotions: Execution of annual national on-premise & retail promotions, B2C / B2B marketing plan & B2C campaigns resulting in 60M+ yen sales at 200+ locations each year (2007 through 2009) • Market development: increased number of Washington wineries exporting to Japan by 50% in three years • Business planning: created business & marketing plans, industry / market / competitor analysis, financial models / forecasts, and operational plans for three start-up operations
- Orca International KKSales & Events Manager, 2002 - 2009Orca International is the leading Pacific Northwest (USA) wine importer in Japan. Developed B2C business creating e-commerce strategy and tools, corporate services and event program. Managed 25-30 commercial accounts, providing service training and marketing support. Responsible for all supplier management, new product development and launch, pricing / costing, forecasting, inventory management and logistics. Key Achievements: • B2C Sales: created B2C program from scratch, crafting a direct sales channel, two e-commerce sites, marketing strategy, corporate sales service and robust event program. Achieved average of 10-15% of company revenue with the highest profit margin sales channel • Marketing: managed all content for English marketing, B2C e-commerce & B2B trade website, biweekly e-newsletter (promotions, events & campaigns) • Event management: planned & executed 30-50 wine events annually, arranged venues, suppliers, all promotion, direct sales • Supplier & portfolio management: full supplier management for 27 suppliers in two countries (150+ SKUs, pricing, forecasting, product activation, new product development) • Logistics: demand forecasting, purchasing, transport & customs clearance for 15,000 – 20,000 cases of wine annually. Increased inventory turnover rate by 30%, cut logistics costs by 40%
- CDS ConsultingSenior Consultant, 2001 - 2001Executive recruitment consultant for IT companies in Tokyo. Responsible for account management, candidate sourcing, interviewing, screening, presentation and negotiation.
- Kani & Hashima City HallCoordinator for International Relations, 1998 - 2001Served as a liaison between the foreign community and local government, as well as international relations consultant for international activities in the local area. Also served as Coordinator for International Relations National Representative to CLAIR (JET Programme administrative body) in 2000-2001.
- RakutenMerchant & Sales Strategy, Cross Function Group, 2013 - 2014Business planning, marketing strategy, product development, financial modeling for Rakuten Group’s core business, Rakuten Ichiba. Focus areas: customer loyalty, business recovery & support, operational efficiency and service development strategy.
Penticton, BC - Oliver, BC - Montreal, QC - Tokyo, Japan - Osaka, Japan - Seoul, Korea - Milan, Italy - Metchosin, BC
An adventurous Canadian who loves new experiences and meeting new people.
Lived on three continents, made friends all over the world and enjoyed every minute of it!
- SDA Bocconi School of ManagementMBA, 2011 - 2012Completed an international MBA in marketing and innovation at SDA Bocconi, Italy's leading business school. Served as the president of the DiVino Club, and interned at Samsung Electronics in Seoul, Korea.
- McGill UniversityPolitical Science & East Asian Studies, 1994 - 1998Completed a double major in Political Science and East Asian Studies with a focus on Japanese politics, economics, culture, literature and language.
- Kwansei Gakuin UniversityPolitical Science, 1996 - 1997Studied one year as an international exchange student focusing on Political Science and Japanese language.
- Lester B. Pearson CollegeIB, 1992 - 1994