- Select plants that will grow well in your environment. Take into account average temperature and how much sunlight your window gets. Some ideas to get you started include basil, peppers and green onions.
- Add high quality potting mix to your pots.
- Sow your seeds about ½ an inch apart.
- Water your plants based on their needs. Some plants need more water than others.
Please comment below with a list of what you are growing on your window sill this spring!
Tag and share your holiday adventures with us!
Click below for tips to help you have a happy and healthy summer!
1. Do you want to save energy, money, and keep your home cool this summer? Remember to keep windows and blinds closed during the hotter hours of the day, turn off any unnecessary lights or appliances when not in use, and use ceiling or window fans at night to cool your home
2. During summer we all like to open up windows and let the fresh air flow through our homes. Unfortunately, many people forget you should always close and lock your windows when leaving home whether it is just for the day or for a long summer vacation.
3. There is nothing worse than getting into your car when it has been sitting in the sun all day. Park your car in a shaded or covered parking spot. Over time this can also help save the paint job and interior of your car.
4 Get outdoors to enjoy your favorite sport or hobby, stay hydrated, and regularly apply sunscreen. These simple things can go a long way to keeping you happy and healthy this summer
Have any summer tips or hints of your own? Share them with us by leaving a comment below.
Here are some tips on making #apartmentliving a little less cramped, and a lot more functional!
1. Free up space on side tables by using swing arm lamps.
2. Use multipurpose furniture; desk by day, dining table by night!
3. Take advantage of space under your bed with bed risers or built in drawers.
4. Hang storage racks over doors to easily save floor and closet space.
5. Bring on the storage! Use a chest as an ottoman, or storage trunks for chairs.
Comment below with your favorite #organizing and space saving tips & tricks!
1) Create a routine sleep schedule. 8 hours of routine sleep goes a long way.
2) Keep active. Do something to keep fit each day!
3) Eat well; Many diseases can be prevented or controlled with a healthy diet.
4) Maintain a healthy and consistent body weight.
5) Read something everyday. Expanded knowledge will stimulate your mind.
6) Stay up-to-date on immunizations and other health screenings.
7) Prevent skin cancer - stay in the shade or wear protective clothing; skin becomes thinner and more sensitive each time it burns.
8) Set some goals. What do you hope to achieve in the next year?
9) Manage stress. Make time for friends and fun, and learn the powerful role of positive thinking.
10) Try a yoga, pilates, or other fitness class!
Comment with your favorite healthy habit!
1. Be friendly and approachable. Smile and say hello to your neighbors in passing.
2. Good neighbors are quiet and considerate when it comes to noise. Everyone appreciates seeing, and not hearing their neighbors!
*3. Respect the building and keep common areas clean for everyone to enjoy.
4. Offer assistance to neighbors (especially the elderly) if you can. Opening a door or carrying in a bag of groceries can be a huge help.
5. If any issues ever do come up between you and a neighbor be sure to handle the situation maturely. It will be easier to resolve conflicts if you get to know your neighbors beforehand.
Feel free to leave a comment and share more ideas on how to be a good neighbor!
Comment with your favorite indoor winter activity!
Stop searching for apartments in Uptown San Antonio – you've found Ashley Oaks! Our apartment community has it all – location, a gorgeous landscaped property, and three beautiful swimming pools! We also provide a coffee bar, a fitness center, a spa, and a barbecue area with grills. Ashley Oaks apartments offer built-in bookshelves, nine-foot vaulted ceilings, gourmet kitchens, and private balconies and patios.