- John Adams AcademyMusic Director, 2012 - present
- Professional SingerTenor, 2006 - present
- Pitch Perfect PublishingAuthor, Independant Publisher, 2008 - present
- Private Music LessonsPrivate Voice and Piano Teacher, 2004 - present
- Pacific Institute of MusicVoice and Piano Teacher, 2009 - present
- BrillKids, InternationalMusic Training Software Consultant, 2011 - 2011
- Cordova High School, Bella Vista High SchoolStudent Teacher Choir Director, 2011 - 2011
- American River CollegeIntern Assistant Choral Director, 2010 - 2010
Born into a family of musicians and music educators, Gregory Blankenbehler enjoyed singing before he could talk and began formal piano and violin lessons with his mother before age four. As a child, he participated in countless musical theater, choir, band, orchestra and drama experiences, while always holding a special love for solo singing. Pursuing that love, Gregory earned Bachelor’s (BYU-Idaho) and Master’s (San Jose State University) degrees in vocal performance and completed opera training programs with San Francisco Conservatory, Oberlin Conservatory and the Bay Area Summer Opera Theater Institute (BASOTI). Performance opportunities have taken him to England, France and Italy; to San Jose and San Francisco to perform lead opera roles, and to Salt Lake City to solo with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Some of the companies and ensembles he has performed with include Opera San Jose, Mission City Opera, the Sierra Symphony, BASOTI, Oberlin in Italy, San Jose State Opera Theater and “Collegiate Singers” at BYU-Idaho. Gregory served as a choral assistant to the Concert Choir at San Jose State University and has led church choirs and congregations in Idaho and California. He has studied with voice teachers Kristine Ciesinski, Norman Bailey and Joseph Frank.
Gregory discovered his passion for education during his studies at BYU when he began teaching voice lessons and tutoring other music students. This pedagogical interest compelled him to conduct an unusually comprehensive study of voice training and performance techniques during his Master’s studies at San Jose State. Through his research and experience, he has become a noted expert in helping singers of all abilities overcome their vocal challenges and become skilled performers. Gregory is the author of the Singing Lessons for Little Singers voice lesson method for children in use by hundreds of teachers around the world, and the editor of the Bel Canto Masters Study Series.
Over the past 11 years Gregory has taught private voice and piano lessons to hundreds of students of all ages, has taught musicianship classes, and has directed many church and school choirs. He holds a K-12 Teaching Credential in Music from the State of California and is a certified instructor of the “Harmony Road Musicianship Course.”
Gregory lives in the Sacramento, California area with his wife Erica, a chiropractor and artist, and his daughter.
- California State University, SacramentoCA Teaching Credential in Music, 2010 - 2011
- San Jose State UniversityMA Music, 1999 - 2005
- BYU- IdahoBA Music, 2005 - 2007