This is what amazon spent nearly 1 billion for.
152 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 24 previous comments
- How many? Does that offset the ones that have been lost?Mar 21, 2012
- Did robots design the resturaunt? Did robots do the planning? Did robots build the resturaunt? Did robots do the programming to of the delivery system or the ordering software? Do robots cook the food? How much did the restaurant cost to build?Mar 28, 2012
- My point was that we are moving into a technological era and technology is taking the jobs of people. Just the other day I've seen this news story where in one place the city introduced new garbage trucks that need one man instead of two. There are examples everywhere. And i would add the outsourcing of jobs to this situation. Companies are outsourcing like crazy, until when? Until it's more viable to employ machines to do humans job, better and faster...Mar 28, 2012
- Mar 28, 2012
- I find it rather appalling that you instantly jump to asking about jobs which are very much under the skilled labor category. Think really hard how bad it will be if we continue to progress at the same rate, yet leave the educational system the same as it has been. Too expensive to attend without putting yourself into debt, for a job which won't ever allow you to pay off that debt depending on what field you went into.
Technology is wonderful, progress is something that is constantly required. But I also think those developing the technology which progresses us needs to think about the repercussions if there are not safety nets for those that will be affected.Feb 28, 2014
- I find it rather appalling that you instantly assume there is only one country in the world that uses the internet. I will assume you were referring to the United States education system as this is usually the case when somebody makes a statement such as yours.
I agree completely that it needs to be drastically improved and society in general needs to treat education with more importance. However, what is your solution? Make it illegal for people to invent better tools? Tax them more for inventing those tools?May 22, 2014