47 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- you mention the fact that it would cost you a fortune to migrate just to re-buy all the apps... Is that more than $400? Because that's how much cheaper it is compared to the alternative. Worth considering, I say.
Also don't forget that it is amazing out of the box. You don't need to customize it to make it work for you. I haven't rooted or installed ROMs yet, and I am the kind of guy who likes to tinker; it's just that the default settings are quite good...
But yeah to each his own, besides you couldn't buy a Nexus 4 even if you wanted to, so it's not like you could make the switch anyway he he...Jan 15, 2013
- the Nexus 7 starts at £159 for 16GB, £200 for 32GB. No direct conversion here, they really sell them as cheap as possible. Get a Nexus, it is vastly superior to the kindle in every possible way.
Get it from the play store directly, they are cheaper than retailers and they have better customer service.Jan 15, 2013
- Flavio, I assume you're talking about the Kindle Fire?
I have a Nexus 7 ordered pre-release (wish I'd done that with the Nexus 4) and it's AWESOME!! Seven inches is a little small for magazines though.
I also have a Kindle paperwhite and, while it's useless for magazines, it's the best book reader I've ever seen. Absolutely brilliant.Jan 15, 2013
- Stuart, I absolutely agree that an e-reader is best for e-books (e-ink is so much easier on the eyes), but if you are looking for a small tablet (to use it as a computing, not only reading, device) the Nexus 7 is by far the best at any price.
I have one, and I absolutely love it. It fits into pockets, so I always carry it with me, and the battery life is amazing: 6 hours of screen on time reading PDFs, using email, chrome, watching videos, and editing pictures. Really cool.
It has a major downside though: it turns normal people into annoying Android fanboys!Jan 15, 2013
- Sure does ;-) I have Jellybean 4.2.1 on my Nexus S now too, Absolutely brilliant.Jan 15, 2013
- To do that you need to get an Android, which would be like driving your Corvette to Cape Canaveral and taking off on a fancy space ship.Mar 21, 2013