I work primarily in SEO and content marketing, but I'm also passionate about helping college grads find their footing in life after college. I run business development for StuffGradsLike.com and I work part time as a career coach and mentor for college grads.
- San Diego State University2012
- StuffGradsLikeDirector of Business Development, 2013 - present-Developed and designed complete online curriculum course for college graduates focusing on career, financial, and relational success (ProfessionalGrad course 1.0). -Oversee SEO, content marketing, PPC campaigns, and captivating content creation. -Provide useful, practical, and inspirational counseling to Millennials and college graduates.
- Spread EffectWriter, 2012 - 2013-Hire, train, and supervise a 50+ team of SEO freelance writers -Assign, edit, and approve 50 search engine optimized articles/day, receiving 20-50 average social media shares, upwards of 300+ shares on featured articles -Implement social media, SEO, SEM, and content marketing tactics to all content
- Assisted LivingContent Writer, 2012 - 2012Wrote roughly 5-6 articles a day, informing readers about the essentials of dozens of assisted living homes for the greater San Diego area. Some details included the cost, the capacity, and why anyone would even want to go there (as a resident or for a relative).
- Pottery BarnSales Associate, 2011 - 2012-Assisted as many as 20-40 individual customers/hour with detailed transactions (as high as $3,000 per transaction) and any desired knowledge about the store, the products, and a wealth of database information; communicated specific store and product details to a high volume of customers, face to face, in a friendly and professional manner.
- The Young TrustContent Writer, 2011 - 2011-Implemented new web blog strategy to potentially 1000's of regular website viewers. -Completed weekly tasks from home office, self-motivated computer duties writing approximately 2 blogs per week for 2 of the Trust’s companies on a variety of topics. -Revised verbiage and tone of business proposals to better communicate a new vision to the desired audience.
- SDSU BookstoreSales Associate, 2008 - 2011-Assisted as many as 20-40 individual customers per hour with detailed transactions (as high as $3,000 per transaction). -Inform customers about products, deals, and pricing; database input.
3 Lessons From An Awkward-Silence-Filled Coffee Meetup With Someone I Me...
Terrified of awkward meetings? Yep. So are we. Well, here's 3 lessons about how to be charming and personable in such a meeting.
Why No One Reads New Blogs or Goes to Church Anymore - StuffGradsLike
Scared of just doing something? Us too. Here's the best and only piece of advice on how to get over it and do something awesome.
4 Essential Social Media Rules That Will Get You Hired - StuffGradsLike
Avoid these social media mistakes and learn how to get hired without having to explain those awkward Facebook pictures.
Why I Didn't Savagely Yell at the Unemployment Office When They Told Me ...
Read why reacting negatively towards situations where everyone else reacts negatively is a terrible, terrible idea.
Why Emotional Entrepreneurs Are Better Than Their Counterparts - StuffGr...
It's not the badass type-A personality that always gets the win. Here's why the quiet emotional entrepreneurs get the bacon in the end.
3 Consequences of Not Doing What You Love After College - StuffGradsLike
Don't be fooled - there are consequences to staying comfortable serving popcorn at the movies and dumping your passions like a middle school
Totally Stuck with Your Writing? 16 Energizing Ways to Get You Jazzed Up...
Although many people believe the best way to battle writers block is to sit down and fight through it, I like to kick-start things with an a
5 Ways College Grads Might Be Like Gollum - StuffGradsLike
You may not eat goblins or have 9 teeth, but many college grads look a lot like the isolated, addicted creature with his precious ring.
Seth's Blog: The care and feeding (and shunning) of vampires
Vampires, of course, feed on something that we desperately need but also can't imagine being a source of food. You have metaphorical vampire
Too Seldom Is Heard an Encouraging Word: Why and How to Offer More Compl...
"Idle words are characterless and die upon utterance. Evil words rankle for a while, make contentions, and then die. But the hopeful, kind,
3 Ways to Stop Losing at "The Comparison Game" - StuffGradsLike
Life after college can be a lot like a crowded freeway - slow, dull, and full of better cars than yours. Here's 3 ways to stop playing the c
7 Telltale Signs of a Stagnant College Grad - StuffGradsLike
If you're guilty of never calling your mother or leaving bad tips since you've graduated, it might be a time for a change.
4 BETTER Ways to Make Your Showers More Productive - StuffGradsLike
Don't attempt to create productive showers by cramming in blaring podcasts or going over every minute of the day. Productive showers start w
Why College Grads Continue to Take On Boring, Meaningless Tasks - StuffG...
Stuck in a rut of boring tasks? Don't keep taking on "projects" that you know from the bottom of your heart you'll hate before you even star
4 Lessons I Learned From Being Fired on the 2nd Day - StuffGradsLike
Being fired is terrible. Being fired after 2 days is hilarious. Check out these 4 lessons learned from someone who's been there.
5 Life Hacks I've Learned From Studying Astrophysics and Chemistry at Be...
Take it from a genius at Berkeley - these 5 life hacks will make everything easier in life, whatever you're studying.