If feasible, it will take a long time to have on the market a remote qualified electronic signature. But we already use day to day server signing for many purposes; that's why EU has voted the new standard TS 419 241 last week. Available to the public before the end of the year.
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
- The good news: "EU has voted the new standard TS 419 241 last week"
The bad news: "If feasible, it will take a long time to have on the market a remote qualified electronic signature"Sep 19, 2013
- , I would like to think that if the EU has spent taxpayer money developing such a standard, it should be feasible. In fact, feasibility should be an initial requirement. Do you agree?
What do other experts like or think on this?Sep 19, 2013
- AdES is not a problem, but to reach QES we need PPs, as they do not exists for the moment, we cannot ensure that QES is feasible.
CEN has made a proposal for such PPs, but drafting, evaluating PPs is very long...Sep 20, 2013
- Thanks for the clarification,Sep 20, 2013
the good news is that CEN as launch the vote to NSOs to create new PPs for server signing in order to create QES.
Franck.Apr 8, 2015
- Great!!!Apr 8, 2015
- PP is under drafting, will we reach a consensus this incoming year? There could be a surprise for next summer :-)Dec 8, 2015
Add a comment...