Start a hangout
163 followers|1,645,693 views
Works at CA Inc.
Attended University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus
Lives in Sudbury, MA
163 followers|1,645,693 views
- CA Inc.Sr Principal Product Manager, 2012 - presentProduct management for the network monitoring probes / components of the Nimsoft Monitor product suite. Responsibilities: Requirements gathering and prioritization, competitive analysis, release definition, and daily guidance to engineering as the product owner role in two scrum teams - one in Fort Collins. CO and the other in India. Product backlog user story grooming, prioritize stories and defects and define and validate acceptance criteria. Guiding customers through beta, training the field (sales and support), customer facing product presentations, product release announcements, and product evangelist. Tools and methodologies: Agile Scrum, Rally. Major accomplishments: Nimsoft Flow Analysis released on schedule to start re-vamping the Nimsoft Monitor network probes. Next in the schedule will be the re-building of the SNMP Collector.
- Actions & Results ConsultingGeneral Manager & Software Engineer, 2007 - 2012OSS / BSS Integration Custom Software / Consulting Firm Co-Founder and General Manager of a small consulting firm focused on ITIL oriented OSS / BSS, specifically, configuration, provisioning, and service assurance. Specialized in the areas of system integration and IT Performance and Availability Management. Types of services include custom software design and consultancy, development, integration, training and implementation. Responsibilities: Lead technical design and development efforts. Pre and Post Sales support. Sales efforts. Sub-Contractor and Junior Partners management. Major accomplishments: Grown and leads a firm producing over $1.4 Million/year in Custom Software Development to Telecommunications and Financial Customers with extremely tight development schedules (measured in weeks, not years). Built first version of the CA ecoMeter solution to improve data center energy efficiency. Partial List of Clients: Verizon, Telus, Bell Canada, BT, Sungard AS, CA.
- CA, Inc.Principal Consultant (Pre-Sales), 2005 - 2007Computer Associates, Framingham, MA Formerly: Concord Communications Telecommunications and Managed Services Provider Sales Team Provide strategic technical pre-sales leadership and support for the eHealth / Spectrum product suites, primarily in the areas of Application, Systems, and Network Availability, Performance and Fault management. Responsibilities: Provided worldwide pre-sales support in the Telecommunications and Financial industries on situations that require very strong technical knowledge. Presented and demonstrated the company’s product capabilities to audiences at different technical levels. Determined customer needs, and, based on current product offerings and value-added consulting services, designed solutions that could be used to meet these needs. Integrated, adapted, and customized the solutions using product Application Programming Interfaces. Provided customers with proof of concept for the proposed solutions. Served as a liaison between customers and different groups inside the company (Post-Sales Support, Product Management, Engineering, and Professional Services). Major accomplishments: Led the pre-sales and initial implementation effort of two of the three largest deals the company has ever achieved (Concord Communications). Both are very demanding, large telecommunications companies and both deals where multi million dollars worth (the Company yearly revenue was about 100M$).
- Concord CommunicationsSoftware Engineer, 1997 - 2005Concord Communications Development, maintenance, and testing of network, systems, and applications management software used by enterprise, telecommunications, and service provider customers. Responsibilities: Object oriented design and development in C++ in Unix / Windows. Developed product enhancements and fixed software issues. Developed supporting tools and utilities in Tcl, Bourne Shell, Perl, and Java. Implemented data collection algorithms for SNMP and proprietary API sources. Implemented algorithms to analyze collected data and produce reports and alerts. Produced software to provide meaningful statistics and reports about the availability, response, and performance of the IT processes and infrastructure on which the business services depend. Major accomplishment: Reduced the amount of time required to update the integration of Concord’s product to new versions of partner systems from 180 days to 90 days. EMS Systems: (integrations with Spectrum, Cisco Wan Manager, Alcatel 5620, and Lucent Navis Core / Navis Xtend).
- RaytheonMember of Technical Staff, 1996 - 1997Raytheon Development and maintenance of an international air traffic control software in C and C++ that is being used in the USA and internationally. Responsibilities: Design, development, and configuration management, requirement definition, high and low level design, code and design reviews, and quality assurance. Defense grade quality standards. Served as Technical Lead for the flight data display subsystem. Major accomplishment: Lead /mentored a group of 5 engineers to complete product delivery and customer acceptance. Before joining, customer had delayed acceptance sign-off and beginning of warranty period due to a backlog of pending quality issues. Issues were fixed in record time achieving warranty kick-off and sign off.
Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA - San Juan, Puerto Rico
Jose the Software Engineer by education and trade, currently designing requirements for next generation IT (network and application) management products. Capitalist. Outdoors person. Loves to travel around the world.
- University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez CampusComputer Engineering, 1991 - 1996