1) Be useful.
2) Don't be a jerk.
You can throw other parts in there as you want ("hustle your tail off", "lift up people under you", "focus on your own game"), depending on where you want to end up in the food chain, but I'm convinced lasting success boils down to those two things.
- Hope Street GroupVP, Communications and Organizing, 2012 - present
- Smart Girls PoliticsBoard of Directors, VP of Communications (former), 2008 - 2012
- Susan Davis InternationalCommunications, Online Strategy, Public Relations, 2010 - 2011
- McCain-Palin 2008National Deputy Youth Director
- Rudy Giuliani Presidential CommitteeDirector of Administration; Dep. Director Coalitions
- GalleryWatch/Roll Call/Economist Group
- Sandler-Innocenzi, Inc
Hi! I'm Rebecca!
- Smart Girl Politics Board Member and ex-Spokesperson and Communications Director
- becs09 on Twitter
- Public Relations and Strategic Communications Executive
- Happy wife to the love of my life, Matthew, and mommy to three amazing young girls
- Snarky at times… Apologizing up front.
What you will find me posting about and commenting on:
- Politics – Policy, Legislation, Advocacy, Campaigns, Grassroots… everything you could possibly think of under this
- U.S. Military - Defense appropriations/spending, big ass guns, Veterans, everything. I am about as pro-U.S. military as you can be. FYI. (and I am the Proud sister of a Sailor.)
- Parenting and Mommyhood
- New Media and Outreach Technology
- Public Relations, Public Affairs, and Advocacy
- Sports (especially Red Sox, Patriots, and Mountaineers, but I am pretty much a sports junkie).
- Fitness and healthy living
- Food and Wine
- The Arts – Dance, architecture, and classical art
- Science, Health and Technology
I am passionate about my passions. I really never mean to be rude – ever. And I don’t like it when others are rude either. Just an FYI.
I love shoes. And chocolate. And coffee. And ice cream. And wine. My kids, my husband, and the Lord are in this mix. I swear. But if you asked me to rank them, it would be crazy hard for me.
- George Washington University